Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Heliport availability
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Would it be possible to make the heliports available earlier than 1963, from either the start of the game or the introduction date of the first helicopter? It would be ideal if they could be used for airships in the early stages of a game, for example.

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

PaulC wrote:
It would be ideal if they could be used for airships in the early stages of a game, for example.

No it wouldn't. It would be ideal if we had fully implemented newairports... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

PikkaBird wrote:
No it wouldn't. It would be ideal if we had fully implemented newairports... :)

Sure, an airship mast implemented as a newairport would be the perfect solution, but in lieu of that happening...?

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

An airship mast?

Attachments:
airmast1.png
airmast1.png [ 4.16 KiB | Viewed 4580 times ]

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:
An airship mast? [...]

Hehe, toyland! 8)

Something more interesting (and more difficult to implement!):

USS Los Angeles (ZR-3, ex LZ 126) moored to USS Patoka.

Although, I don´t think we´d need to implement the more esoteric behaviour:

regards
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Is it possible to code the 1x1 heliport as either a 2x1 or 2x2? I've been playing with it off-and-on all night using the airships from Generic Av8 and I can't seem to find a nice spot to align it with the nose of the ship, crowded up against the east edge of the tile. It seems to look best near the southeast corner but would need to overlap the corner to do so.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

kamnet wrote:
Is it possible to code the 1x1 heliport as either a 2x1 or 2x2? I've been playing with it off-and-on all night using the airships from Generic Av8 and I can't seem to find a nice spot to align it with the nose of the ship, crowded up against the east edge of the tile. It seems to look best near the southeast corner but would need to overlap the corner to do so.

You could write an airport newgrf which replaces the heliport. The movement pattern will stay the same (including landing height), but you can adjust the looks of the tiles as you like. Not sure, but it might turn out difficult to attach tiles north of the landing spot as the fsm stays the same.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML