Automatically pin train window

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

WWTBAM

Automatically pin train window

Post by WWTBAM »

Would other people find it useful if when a train is stopped and its window opened due to an unsafe reversal attempt in a PBS junction being pinned?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Automatically pin train window

Post by planetmaker »

I'm afraid, I wouldn't find it useful, rather annoying.

Just think of a situation where you build somewhere and cause a jam while doing so, knowing that. And then the screen gets spammed by pointless messages. And that's only one obvious occasion where I wouldn't like it.

Actually I'm not even sure, maybe there's already such news category. If at all, that might be IMHO the way to rise the awareness of jammed trains and anyone can select whether to receive those news as pop-up, as ticker or not at all.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I mean the actual train window, not the news message. Sometimes I use delete to close all my windows and a stopped train window sneaks open before I notice and thus also gets closed. This is probably caused by my bad network designs though.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yes I know. And mean that exactly that would be overly annoying ;-) If you want a train window sticky, then make it sticky. But auto-sticky?! No thank you!

Return to “Suggestions”