Allow account overdrawing with autorenew?

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

jez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Allow account overdrawing with autorenew?

Post by jez »

Hi. I actually have 2 suggestions for TTDpatch:

1) It would seem more sensible for the 'forceautorenew' config option to be a boolean, since that seems to be its function; toggle on or off the forcing of immediate auto renewing of vehicles. To that end, could we update section 3.31 (Autorenewal of old vehicles) of the documentation? At the moment, it says: "The value given with either of these switches determines the number of months after the maximum age when they are renewed." when really that only seems to apply to the 'autorenew' option.

and more appropriate to the subject text,
2) At the moment, TTDpatch will only renew a vehicle with autorenew if you have the money in the account to renew it, otherwise it will put it 'in line' to be renewed when you can afford it. Could we provide an option, something like a boolean 'allowoverdraft', which makes TTDpatch ignore how much money you have and just renew the vehicle, even if it would put you in the red? I'd rather it did that (even if it risked my bankruptcy!), and I'd still get ample time to stop it being renewed if I needed to, by manually stopping or selling the vehicle.
=== Jez ===
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Another thing: could it be made selectable wich types you want autorenewed?
I would like to have my ships and road vehicles automatically replaced by the newest version of the particular vehicle, but for airplanes and trains I want to decide for myself.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

1) force autorenew is boolean
2) nice idea
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

Return to “Suggestions”