more buildings

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

more buildings

Post by George »

It has been discussed, but I would like to know the status.

The building (with the ID) can be in each landscape (like vehicles). It would be good to have the mechanism for buildings in the GRF file to place them in different landscapes with different graphics and characteristics (possible day of building). It is requred for more buildings in toyland.
I also required the applying of random colour to all the building and industries. There is space for the colour both in industry and building structures.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hi

The status is this:
If the eyecandy stuff for stations will work, the system will be expanded to more stuff, you can look at my site under "other" "Action 0B Draft".
You will a allowed to have 16 sets of houses.

They will only look different (maybe with a year of available) and will be random selected by the computer.... This could be extendent as well, but currently it's only draft. ( brain dump :wink: )
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

I mean more buildings, not more views for existing (this sounds good too) buildings. There are no stadiums, farmers markets and other buildings in the toyland landscape. It would be nice to have them in this landscape too. As I know, the building has the ID as the vehicle, and the graphics depends on this ID (and name too). In the original TTD the buildings IDs are separeted between landscapes as vehicles ID. I think it is possible to use one ID in more different landscapes as it is done for vehicles. This has to impove the scanty array of toyland landscape buildings.

And about applying of random colour to all the buildings. Marcin said it is very easy, but it is not done yet. could you do it, because only the park and statue have random colour in toyland. It would be good to have random colour for all the buildings, because otherwise all the toyland towns look very similar.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

yes, that was already discussed the problem is that the building data is in big list with small lists of spritenumbers and sometimes with function binds (the little lift in front you can see).
Not all list in the big list have the same structure as far as I know...

There around 5 list settting the behavior of the buildings, they have to changed too (and have to be saved),
very complicate to do...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

eis_os wrote:yes, that was already discussed the problem is that the building data is in big list with small lists of spritenumbers and sometimes with function binds (the little lift in front you can see).
Not all list in the big list have the same structure as far as I know...

There around 5 list settting the behavior of the buildings, they have to changed too (and have to be saved),
very complicate to do...
Marcin showd the structure, as I could understand, this byte (random color) is represented in all of them (correct me if I'm wrong). So, the problem is to make the game to look at it, right?
In any case, could you check the possibilty of appearing temperate, arctic, tropical buildings in toyland?
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

it's possible that other houses will appear in other climates.
use cht: climate and see what happens :wink: (found some buildings)
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

eis_os wrote:it's possible that other houses will appear in other climates.
use cht: climate and see what happens :wink: (found some buildings)
If so, could you make the action 0B to allow me to put some temperate buildings in toyland with new graphics (this graphics should be used depending on landscape, of cause).
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

hey wait - isn't setting a different pixel color just using shades of blue, like in the station pic in grf file?
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

BobXP wrote:hey wait - isn't setting a different pixel color just using shades of blue, like in the station pic in grf file?
I thought too that there's a special blue color with which you can make the buildings, and then TTDLX will then take this color and turn it into random.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

blue is the background colour for all things in the game that need to wear company colour. Red seems yo do the same for bridges.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Darkvater wrote:
BobXP wrote:hey wait - isn't setting a different pixel color just using shades of blue, like in the station pic in grf file?
I thought too that there's a special blue color with which you can make the buildings, and then TTDLX will then take this color and turn it into random.
But building does not belong to your company, so, affecting changing blue to some other colour for buildings is a question.

Return to “Suggestions”