Tracks Price in Sets

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

What Do You Think

Nice Idea
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 12

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Tracks Price in Sets

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

since there is DBSet and there will be more sets (usually with trains)
I wanna ask, if it wouldn't bbe better to include tracks price in sets, so DBSet would be with high prices, and Africa kind Set (idn't creted yet) would have cheaper tracks
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
way2good
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by way2good »

Why the h*** would tracks cost more in DB set :?
Africa is not so advanced so they probably need more capital to build tracks, when in Europe there is more companies giving offers from the track building,( But the permissions in Europe are more costy though)
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

like this:
Africa: cheap tracks(1), very expensive electrified railway (5)
Europe: expensive tracks (2), less expensive Electrified railway (3.2)

the number between brackets are the multipliers
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

game would be more dynamical ...
if we consider creating SUPER sets (one set will contain al vehicle types) then it could also contain all needed data, buildings, prices etc .... this would make game very diffirent
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hmm, I will try to added to suggestion of my action Action 0B Draft,
so you can change trackprices... (but not by set basis, this is impossible)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Dinges wrote:like this:
Africa: cheap tracks(1), very expensive electrified railway (5)
Europe: expensive tracks (2), less expensive Electrified railway (3.2)

the number between brackets are the multipliers
Hmm, I agree with Dinges. Electrification would be/is very expensive in developing nations. It would also add to the "place factor" that Michael seems to be creating (ie the Alpine set has snow to (duh) represent the Alps. By having appropriate track prices to fit the destination, it will add a new dimension to track building.

I imagine that if the example plays out, there would not be many electric trains in the "Africa Set", to combine with the high electric tracks cost.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Agreed. This makes good sense.
Of course, you have to be careful not to ruin the playability. Truth be told, railroading of all types in sub-Saharan Africa (other than South Africa) would be more expensive because you cannot get people competent to operate the equipment, or fix it when it breaks. And it's hard to keep the line running because people steal anything that's not nailed down, and lots that is, to sell for scrap. That's why very few of those mid-African countries have railroads anymore even though they almost all had them, some pretty good, at de-colonization.
It would allow for some interesting accidents though. I've read, not once but several times in the last few years, about African rail disasters that follow this pattern.
The train stopped at a signal, on an up-hill.
The parking brake wasn't working, so the train crew stuck rocks behind the train wheels so the train wouldn't roll back down the hill (!)
To no-one's surprise but their own, that didn't work, and the train rolled down hill, now with no crew.
And smashed backwards into another train coming up behind, since the signals weren't designed to handle a train that reverses in the middle of the block.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there

Return to “Suggestions”