Building Simulation / Planning Routes

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

jm2
Engineer
Engineer

Building Simulation / Planning Routes

Post by jm2 »

Hi.
In TTD u can place rails, roads and all the other Stuff and its build at this moment u placed it.
I dont like it, cause u realy could place rails in front of a train and crush the ones behind in TTD.

My suggestion is a game mode at which u first have to plan a route.
So you "create" a new route, then u make all the terraforming, placing rails ... but at this time
this parts are dont get builded - its only an simulation or plan for this route.
First when u choice to build this simulated route its construction beginns.

Also it should not get builded instantly, the tracks should grow up slowly, like in reality.
And you should have the choice of how much money you put in that projekt,
the costs grow disproportionate to the building speed (2x faster building time = 4x more costs).

Perhaps u can do this planning while the game is paused, and also u could get a complete overview
for what this complete thing will cost and when it gets completed.

It think that would enhance the gameplay, cause it takes a lot of this arcade style "quick building"
and gives u a harder simulation like gameplay thats makes it more interesting to play TTD again
for players with a lot of TTD playtime.

I know thats a big change and i dont know if this could work well with the TTD engine.
So tell me what u think about it and if this can be realized.
(there are some features for this whole "simulation" idea, at this point ill wait for ur
answers before ill type it all without to know if this idea gets positive response)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Building Simulation / Planning Routes

Post by DanMacK »

Sounds kind of like the way Transport Giant does it. Probably be too hard to implement IMO, and as it it, laying routes can take months or years if you terraform realistic routes.

Return to “Suggestions”