getting old

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

lordofmalbik
Engineer
Engineer

getting old

Post by lordofmalbik »

I have this huge wish for some add on into the patch. The thing is, that i´m in a game where i´ve got 237 trains which all have to be renewed every 20 years at same time... it would be wonderful to have some options to change out the train by pushing a button and then it goes to a hanger and comes out 10 sek later a new one with all the right destinations and stuff.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: getting old

Post by Ameecher »

You could turn on the autorenew feature which means you don't even have to order the train to do it, it'll just do it anyway.
lordofmalbik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lordofmalbik »

where is that option in the game?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Open ttdpatch.cfg in a text editor like notepad and find the line that says "Autorenew" and change it "on"
suttonc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suttonc »

How about the ability to order each loco of a type to sell itself and by another model next time it enters a depot, like in OpenTTD?
To err is human, to arr is pirate.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

TTDPatch does that in newgrf.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
leno4
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by leno4 »

lordofmalbik wrote:I have this huge wish for some add on into the patch. The thing is, that i´m in a game where i´ve got 237 trains which all have to be renewed every 20 years at same time... it would be wonderful to have some options to change out the train by pushing a button and then it goes to a hanger and comes out 10 sek later a new one with all the right destinations and stuff.
Just turn the auto renew on like others have said, is a great feature :D
lordofmalbik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lordofmalbik »

I tried to turn on this autorenew feature, but it doesn´t work.. i tried to use on and true command but that doesn´t work, i also raised the auto renew money, but that doesn´t do anything. All my trains go over the age limit and then some. But thanx for the tip, found A LOT of other cool features in there :D
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

lordofmalbik wrote:I tried to turn on this autorenew feature, but it doesn´t work.. i tried to use on and true command but that doesn´t work
What exactly did you type, what exactly was the error message?

And where exactly did you type it?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Suggestions”