what about trams?

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

what about trams?

Post by ProDigit »

What about the transport of people in towns and cities by trams?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: what about trams?

Post by wallyweb »

ProDigit wrote:What about the transport of people in towns and cities by trams?
Enter trams into the search box at the top of this page and see what you get ... :wink:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Sorry about the double post but I'm trying to catch up to that dong Dave Worley. :mrgreen:

ProDigit: Did you find some trams with the search function? Here's another link you might like to try ... GRFCrawler ... Its got links to trams and a whole lot of other neat stuff. :D
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Last I checked Trams were supported by TTDpatch, as I remember Steven wrote them.
You should check the features list of TTDpatch or the configuration file before requesting something already done. ;)

Check for "trams" in the configuration file, also you'll need a trams newgrf to use that functionality as defaultly TTdpatch has no tram vehicles. :)

hope that helps,
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ProDigit »

yeah, I'm still running an old openTTD version it seems!
I haven't been able to keep up with the latest, and yes I have found some posts mentioning trams (allthough more like French trams, which are more like little trains).

There are many different types of trams in Belgium, I wished someone (devouted to graphic drawing) will want to draw.
I myself don't have too much time anymore these days, like said, but if I find a gap I'll play some more of that TTD on the Asus I just bought (if it'll work).

There seem to be 4 great mods for the Asus:
1- More ram
2- higher capacity ssd
3- higher capacity battery's (in the making)
4- Last but certainly not least: Touch screen!

I think I want to try playing tycoon with a touchscreen and see what it'll give.

About the GRFCrawler, I'll definately give it a try!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ProDigit wrote:I think I want to try playing tycoon with a touchscreen and see what it'll give.
Interesting. Let us know how it goes. :wink:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

OpenTTD?
Are you sure you posted in the right section in that case, this suggestion for is for the TTDpatch project...

Either way, both projects should have trams, and all you need is a grf. :)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ProDigit »

Lakie wrote:OpenTTD?
Are you sure you posted in the right section in that case, this suggestion for is for the TTDpatch project...

Either way, both projects should have trams, and all you need is a grf. :)

~ Lakie
Ow, thank you for mentioning.

Is my statement correct if I say that the patch is a windows patch (to run the game in windows) for the original game, and openTTD is a totally different game then?

If so, does the patch work on vista?
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

No, TTDPatch works for the DOS Version too (But the DOS Version doesn't work on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista)

The introduction:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... atDoesItDo

What Patches / Features does it provide? Look here:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=Patches

And about Vista:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... play_dll_i_
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

ProDigit wrote: Is my statement correct if I say that the patch is a windows patch (to run the game in windows) for the original game, and openTTD is a totally different game then?
OpenTTD isn't completely different..Most things are same but it's written in Cplusplus (didn't find the key on laptop keyboard :D ). And some features differ too...Basically yes you may say OpenTTD is completely different in architecture but gameplay and graphics are almost the same..Note that Patch supports some things Open doesn't and vice versa...I think you should try them both out.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It should also be noted that TTDpatch is designed to expand TTD, and thus TTD is a requirement of it.
OpenTTD is 'Standalone' and can be considered a TTD clone, all it requires is TTD's graphics and sounds (and that will probably change soon).

~ Lakie
ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ProDigit »

Lakie wrote:... all it requires is TTD's graphics and sounds (and that will probably change soon).

~ Lakie
Ow? Are there rumors of different sounds or music then?
I like the music of the old ttd; but I can imagine General midi not to be of this day anymore... (unless used like Roland with GM2, which is a basical General Midi with extended samples).
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

ProDigit wrote:
Lakie wrote:... all it requires is TTD's graphics and sounds (and that will probably change soon).

~ Lakie
Ow? Are there rumors of different sounds or music then?
I like the music of the old ttd; but I can imagine General midi not to be of this day anymore... (unless used like Roland with GM2, which is a basical General Midi with extended samples).
Lakie meant the graphics part is going to change soon. Check the link in my sig for that...Although I'm afraid the sounds have to be rerecorded too for copyright issues.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ProDigit »

who made the music? Are they still out there?
Pretty good work they did in creating all this.
Maybe Christ Sawyer is wanting to help out a hand, and we could fund the artists with donations?
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

ProDigit wrote:who made the music? Are they still out there?
Pretty good work they did in creating all this.
Maybe Christ Sawyer is wanting to help out a hand, and we could fund the artists with donations?
I for one draw because I like it, not for donations :) But if you really need to donate then why not to support the forums upkeep..As I have heard Orudge hasn't gotten(?) much donations lately so I think that would be the best
if you donate to him :)

Music was recorded/made by CS's (not to confuse with Counter Strike :D) team, but they don't hold the rights anymore.
EDIT: And please if you can, Chris Sawyer almost equals to god, yes, but he isn't Christ :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

John... John... Something.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

*poke* *prod* Broomhall.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Dave

Post by Dave »

DaleStan wrote:*poke* *prod* Broomhall.
*choke* Thanks for that ;)
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

John Broomhall Did the music, and Simon Foster the original graphics. (respective home pages linked to)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Born Acorn wrote:John Broomhall Did the music, and Simon Foster the original graphics. (respective home pages linked to)
Simon Foster wrote:Feel free to download and use things from here as you wish. I would ask though that you contact me and ask for permission if you want to post anything from here on your website. You can use anything from here as part of your work, paid or otherwise, but not directly sell anything as it is on this site. An example would be using a texture map as part of your work, which is fine, but not to sell the texture map directly. But enough of this. Please enter and see what works for you.
hmm... and a screenshot of tt is up there....hmmm...I think it's still safer to replace original graphics for OpenTTD..

Return to “Suggestions”