Track Detoriation

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Track Detoriation

Post by Comeng 523M »

In Melbourne much of our infrastructure is very old and needs replacing. I was thinking, would it be possible for tracks in TTD Patch to visibly deteriorate over time, and the maximum speed a train could travel over it, would be reduced. For example, when brand new, a train could travel at maximum speed. After 10 years, It could only travel at 90% of it's maximum speed, then after 10 more years, 80%, and so on.
Dave

Re: Track Detoriation

Post by Dave »

This is a feature that is currently being implemented by a couple of third-party guys in OTTD. Well at least, the appearance. The trouble with it is that it would require a bit to check for the age of the track (if I remember previous discussions correctly), and this is where the stumbliong block lies. One can create rusty tracks as station blocks, and it will also be an option to place them as objects when eis_os turns his attention back to the newobjects side of 2.6.

In fact... Give me a couple of hours.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Matt Samyel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Matt Samyel »

And then use a "rebuild roads" option in "City administrative"
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Matt Samyel wrote:And then use a "rebuild roads" option in "City administrative"
And how does "rebuild roads" influence the tracks detoriation suggested in this topic? :/
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Purno wrote:
Matt Samyel wrote:And then use a "rebuild roads" option in "City administrative"
And how does "rebuild roads" influence the tracks detoriation suggested in this topic? :/
Nothing, apparently. By the way, the correct spelling of the word is "deterioration".
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

If this feature could be implemented, one way to rebuild track would be to re-lay new track on top, much as we do now with the Patch when upgrading from Rail to monorail or maglev. There could be some cost difference based on age or something.

May edit this when I have my thoughts together more- must have lunch!
Without Trains America Stops

Return to “Suggestions”