TTO's "Dark Grey" company color

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

And as requested by Purno...
Attachments
mauvetoblackw.grf
(69.23 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks, what a service. :bow:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Tyyppi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tyyppi »

Seems quite nice although I always use dark blue as my company color but I just had to test it. Nice job.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mr Pattle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Pattle »

Very nice, I like the colour, however, is there any way of getting it it so that it changes the colour of station names, signs, and title bars on company windows?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Does it really hurt to read the thread before downloading?
2) For some reason, it doesn't change the window title bar colours when starting a new game in TTDP. It works fine when loading an existing game.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Thinks of a good use of this in UKRS trains, and downloads.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I have a good use for this- PikkaBird's NARS set. Good color for the American steam engines, which were in real life, black.

Thanks a million!

/Me goes to download
Without Trains America Stops

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Only thing is OTTD seems to tag the grf as "unsafe", thus not allowing its use in the "static grf" section. :cry:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I presume that you believe either that this is Pikka's problem, or that this is the appropriate place to report problems with Open's GRF handling. Care to elaborate on which of those you think is the case, and what possessed you to think that?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

I think its the fact that it changes the name of the colours, cause i don't think a simple colormap change should be tagged as unsafe as it doesn't alter anything that would be relevant to the other clients. Stuff like dutch catenary work in static grfs section..
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I presume that you believe either that this is Pikka's problem, or that this is the appropriate place to *discuss* Open's GRF handling. Care to elaborate on which of those you think is the case, and what possessed you to think that?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Stop repeating your post, i already told what i presume and its a problem with the grf then. Unless you can't read english of course wich would explain why you just repeat something over, and over when somebody clearly states what he presumes is wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Heh. The GRF affects the difficulty settings window too :D
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave Worley wrote:Heh. The GRF affects the difficulty settings window too :D
Personally I think it's better like that. I never really liked the mauve.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

This works in OTTD's 'static grf' section, since 26th of April, though the text change has no effect currently. There is no problem in the GRF.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
MasterNnja
Engineer
Engineer

Re: TTO's "Dark Grey" company color

Post by MasterNnja »

I just found this, what a great thing, Pikka ;)

Wenn I first played OpenTTD and opened up the company window I thought "company color? black, of course!", opened up the menu and... no black there. But with this GRF it is possible (although especially busses appear very greyish, but I suppose that's not your fault)...

However, would you be so kind to make a version which replaces pink instead of purple? Because I might want to use purple in my color scheme too, but I don't think I would ever choose pink...

Alternatively, if I just have to open up a Hex Editor and change a value somewhere in your GRF to accomplish this, or something similarily trivial, you could tell me how, so I can do it myself. I don't know anything about GRF editing or the programs you need to do something like that (yeah, I'm sure you could get that from the wiki, but for now I'm concentrating on playing the game, not making my own stuff for it :mrgreen: )
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: TTO's "Dark Grey" company color

Post by PikkaBird »

The grf a few posts up replaces mauve instead of purple.

Return to “Suggestions”