An idea for coupleing and uncoupleing trains

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

WWTBAM

An idea for coupleing and uncoupleing trains

Post by WWTBAM »

My idea is that there could be an extra order for depots that tells the train to leave all of its current carriges behind and pick up the specified new cariges.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmmm... the idea of coupling and decoupling trains in stations has been suggested before, IIRC. That idea was said to be impossible.

TBH, I wonder if it really would be worth having the ability of coupling and decoupling trains in depots...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

the idea is auto coupleing and if we were to be able to have multiple depot images then it would be even better.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

This would require too much work I think.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

A good application would be for pushing services at grades, i.e. there would be depots on the bottom and at the summit of a grade and a helper engine which would be added to / removed from normal trains at these depots (automagically or by schedule). 8)

regards
Michael
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

I suppose I've already asked this question and got a negative answer. Perhaps this is too much work, perhaps if it is limited to depots it could be possible: e.g. the train is scheduled to a depot, where its locomotive gets replaced by a slower yet more powerful one (e.g. through the brand new autoreplace feature), after a difficult track section there would be another depot, and the loco gets replaced again. Perhaps this feature could also make it possible to transfer passengers and cargo from electrified to non-electrified track pieces and vice versa.
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Thank you Michael Blunck I never thought of that and then that would be more the reason to add some of those seemingly useless trainengines to your wonderfull dbset xl to make it even more realistic.

Return to “Suggestions”