LAS (Large Airports Set) 5% Complete [ON HOLD]

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

I know there´s a lot of work, but if it is possible to change the paths that aircraft follow, would it be possible to change aircraft´s landing speed? Now aircrafts land in their full speed, concorde even in 2330kph :)... It would be better if they slowed down, to about 100kph... But the disadvantage of this feature is that it would take more time for aircrafts to land, and that would cause jams on runways....
But if you made two runways for each airport, slowing down while landing wouldn´t affect the fluency of traffic so much!!

And then, while you are working on new airports, I think it would be better to make longer runways, even ascending from the airport surface square. This would make the airports also more realistic... And there is also one disadvantage that you will surely agree with me about: it would cause more difficulties while leveling the terrain for building the airport. But it would also cause the appearance of airports in map more unique, I don´t like when there are like three airports per town... And if there was some city in the mountains, you can always built the airport near the town, and provide it with transfers to the town..
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hey, any news on this project? We still want to see it!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Indeed!
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

krtaylor wrote:Hey, any news on this project? We still want to see it!
Slow and steady wins the race! i'm doing exams at the moment, so its on hold for a while, but i'm going to take a look at it over the summer, and, hopefully there will at least be a basic version of this in the patch by september when i go back to school...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Agree :bow:
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Hitperson
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hitperson »

me too :bow:

oh will you be adding any landing lights to the end of the run ways to make it look more realistic. For your control tower how about on top of the main terminal/ island terminal airports like Sanfransisco have this set up.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

*Gets REALLY angry* LIMM! you are going TOO far, any way, we want this to be universal, no? i wouldn't want to build an american style airport in LONDON! any way it's not even finished, give them a chance and ask in about 10 months, (am i correct here?).
Last known as: Weirdy
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

:shock:

Temper, temper!!!!

Look people, don't worry about what the airports look like. The Large Airports coding project is intended to change the airport layout. That is, how the planes move, where they park, etc. to make a larger airport that can handle more planes. The issue of what the airport actually looks like, that is, the graphics, is very minor - because if you don't like the test graphics, just draw a new airport. As long as the layout's the same, the appearance can be whatever you like. By that time, I imagine it will be possible to select from various graphic appearances of airports in much the same way as you can do now with stations.
DSM_TTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DSM_TTD »

Hey SuperTycoon

On the Second page of this thread, i did had a look what u suggested about the layout of airport terminal, its good and two run way is good idea too, traffic path between runway and loading dock.

What i'm wondered is the catchment size u know most stations are always four squares from station, do you think its possible to make more catchment area for Airport?

Keep up good work :D

Cheers
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

DSM_TTD wrote:What i'm wondered is the catchment size u know most stations are always four squares from station, do you think its possible to make more catchment area for Airport?
todonow.txt wrote:- make station coverage depend on size: large airports bigger, small airports normal, similar for train stations.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
MGSteve
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MGSteve »

personally, my own advice would be start with something a lot simplier first, then when you've done that, start on something harder.

I've never touched the TTDPatch code at all, but I can see simply from coding experience that the airport you posted a while ago would be very nice too see, but bloody hard work to do as your first project.

Don't try to run before you can walk!

Firstly, perhaps try and add another runway to the existing airport, say to the side or above the terminal, then try and route the planes to take off from that one.

result = improved runway and a lot less stress and work than your mammoth airport! ;)

btw, for a large airport you would be better off with the runways at either side of the airport and keeping the terminal in the middle, that way the plans come on at one end of the airport, move to the terminals in the middle and then carry on in the same direction to leave.

probably a damn sight easier coding too!
DSM_TTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DSM_TTD »

Yeah all staion have four catchment tile away, What i mean is i'd like to see there's more than four tiles of catchment from station eg say 6 or 8 would be good.

Do you think it is possilbe to make more catchment more than four?
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hey SuperTycoon, as you are posting currently
(exactly here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=425999#425999)
what is the current status, we (The TTDPatch Team) want some diffs. :wink:
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

what about a totally new (more logic) big airport

darn cant upload pic

morelike this:

out 5 hangars here control tower/radio here

||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| || terminal about here
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
||
in

out ================
in ==================
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Read the rest of this thread... It's a huge amount of coding work.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i know its lot of programming but it shouldn't be more difficult then the standart 2 way as it is now, its only doubled.....

just suggesting it lol, i know its hard, but im very sure i saw a nice picture of it somewhere....
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

probably in ottd which it is A LOT easier to do this sort of thing in.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OTTD already has large airports that actually work, doesn't it? So a diagonal runway shouldn't be insurmountable. It might even be usable.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Like the idea. Seems good. RSpeed actually has some support...

I thought OTTD was written in C tho... which made it easier to do stuff like this? Thought that was the point. And what's TTDP in again? X86 or summat?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Suggestions”