Auto replacement of vehicles bug?

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Exo
Engineer
Engineer

Auto replacement of vehicles bug?

Post by Exo »

Has anyone noticed that when letting the game auto-replace old vehicles the price seems to be doubled (at least for me) on multi-headed engines (eg Chimera). For instance, when buying a Chimera it costs ~£11m (for both locos) but when the computer replaces it, it costs ~£22m.

The only explanation I can think of is that I recently upgraded from Alpha 29 to 31, where in 29 you had to buy both locos, in 31 this is done by default.

Any ideas or am I just being dense?
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I think that the game thinks that you have buyed two separate locos not separate heads of one so it buys two chimaeras.
Exo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Exo »

yeah, thats what i was afraid of.

wonder how long it will take me to replace 240 trains... :shock:

Cheers
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Auto replacement of vehicles bug?

Post by The Coolest »

Hi

I know this thread is ancient, but it seems that this problem still exists with the TTDPatch V2.5 beta 9 (Windows).
Any dual-head train seems to cost twice when the game auto-replaces it for you.
As the OP mentioned, it's become a big pain to manually replace all the trains by hand.
Also when you look at information about the train you see that each loco costs the same as a "new" set of said train, so you can still sell it off for the high price and re-buy a new one for the regular price.
I will there be a fix issued for this problem?

Thanks
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The Coolest wrote:I will there be a fix issued for this problem?
You can increase the probability of that happening by uploading a save where a train will be auto-replaced within a game week, and a corresponding ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf[w].cfg. Make sure you identify the train that will be replaced. Cht:StopAll and then starting only that one train is one good plan.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

Thanks, I'll try to get this done later today or tomorrow.
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

Ok here's the saved game + ttdpatch.cfg files.
I haven't used any new graphics, I kept the graphics "original", so I don't have newgrfw.cfg file. Not sure if it could cause this problem, but it shouldn't occur anyway I guess.

The train's name is "A Replace Train", number 27. I saved the game while having it in focus.
Just add a Depot to the end of the line, it'll go straight to it and be replaced.
The cost of this vehicle new is around $109k, you'll see the charge is around $217k. Also if you look at the train information, the value of each head is the same of the cost of both heads when buying new.
This same thing happens with any other dual-head train like the "Chimaera" and others.
Attachments
Debug.rar
(235.02 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”