TTDPatch + DOS CD

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

TTDPatch + DOS CD

Post by Zakos »

Nothing like a new game to make a frequent poster feel like a newbie again. (Discovered loco first, then TTD.)

Anyway, here's my issue.

I installed TTD for DOS onto my WinXP, figuring that I could find a way around it. However, I discovered that it requires TTDPatch to run on XP or higher. I installed it (v2.5 beta 9) and found that it has its own TTD installation included. To be safe, I reinstalled the one from my disk to the same folder as the Patch, and reinstalled TTDPatch too (so as to overwrite any files that it replaces).

But it failed to work, saying that it is unable to access the CD. I found a topic for almost this exact situation, but it left me with more questions than I began with.

My biggest question is if all of this is in vain. Will it actually operate under any circumstances with a DOS CD?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: TTDPatch + DOS CD

Post by Lakie »

I'm unsure if you will get the DOS version to run natively on Windows XP without issue.
You would likely be better trying to run it in an emulator, such as DosBox.

(By copy certain data on the CD to the TTD folder, one can remove the dependency on CD, I think).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPatch + DOS CD

Post by Zakos »

Is there any other reason that it wouldn't read the disk?

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”