Immediate Crash on Load

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

spikee1234
Engineer
Engineer

Immediate Crash on Load

Post by spikee1234 »

When running the TTDPatch I immediately crash out when I get to the menu. Attaching crash log - any suggestions? Coming back to TT after forever and anxious to play again!

I am running in XP SP3 mode - looked for other fixes but didn't see anything that matched.
Attachments
CRASH001.TXT
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Immediate Crash on Load

Post by DaleStan »

I could, I suppose, go check out the source to and build beta 9, but chances are that the answer would be "it's fixed in the nightlies." So, I recommend you download the latest TTDPatch nightly.

If that's out of the question, or still crashes, please post the new crashlog, if a nightly, and your ttdpatch.cfg.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
spikee1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spikee1234 »

Downloaded the nightly - my bad, thought I had grabbed the latest, obviously I had not.

Still getting the crash once you click to the main menu. Crashlog and cfg file attached. I'm def not skilled at these kinds of things - really appreciate the help!
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(26.86 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
CRASH011.TXT
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No problem; the nightlies are well-hidden.

You'll have to turn at least the win2k switch on (edit ttdpatch.cfg in notepad); I would personally turn on basically everything; this can be done pretty easily by adding the lines

Code: Select all

all on
writecfg ttdpatch.cfg
at the end, but if you're going for classic TTD, you don't want this.

If you do this, TTDPatch may whine about not having ttdpbasew.grf. Create a newgrf subfolder in your TTD install and put that file there.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”