TTD not running on Vista or Win 7...

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

cnpgs
Engineer
Engineer

TTD not running on Vista or Win 7...

Post by cnpgs »

I know this is a problem brought up on several forums, but I have read several suggestions and still have the same problem.

I double click on the ttdpatchw.exe file, get MICRO PROSE presents, a game by Chris Sawyer etc. However, as soon as the main screen comes on (i.e. where you select what you want to do), the program crashes and tells me that TTDLOADW.OVL has stopped working. In fact, the furthest point I got was able to get to was in the picture attached.

I have installed TTDpatch, put dplay.dll in the folder (however I had to acquire it from my PC running Windows XP, because I could not find it in the System32 folder of Vista), changed compatibility, disabled visual themes, changed the screen resolution and still nothing worked.

I also tried installing it on Windows 7 but it gives me the same error.

I have spent hours reading forums, manuals and trying all sorts of different things...I am now forced to ask you guys. Please help! Thanks in advance.
Attachments
TTD_errorCrash.jpg
Crash point
(271.67 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
CRASH077.TXT
Crash log text file
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTD not running on Vista or Win 7...

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i have had a similar issue loading the old maps, any other map didnt cause me that much issues if i recall correct...
cnpgs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cnpgs »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:i have had a similar issue loading the old maps, any other map didnt cause me that much issues if i recall correct...
What 'maps' are you referring to?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

cnpgs wrote:
ZxBiohazardZx wrote:i have had a similar issue loading the old maps, any other map didnt cause me that much issues if i recall correct...
E.g., "Scotland 1956". Seems that you tried to start that "map" (scenario)?

regards
Michael
cnpgs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cnpgs »

michael blunck wrote:
cnpgs wrote:
E.g., "Scotland 1956". Seems that you tried to start that "map" (scenario)?

regards
Michael
Oh ok...d'oh lol...the thing is, that was pretty much a fluke (and actually I hadn't yet clicked the mouse, for the map to load); usually it crashes just as soon as the main screen appears (i.e. it barely gives me time to move the mouse pointer).
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

cnpgs wrote: [...] usually it crashes just as soon as the main screen appears (i.e. it barely gives me time to move the mouse pointer).
Have you tried this advice?

regards
Michael
cnpgs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cnpgs »

michael blunck wrote:
cnpgs wrote: [...] usually it crashes just as soon as the main screen appears (i.e. it barely gives me time to move the mouse pointer).
Have you tried this advice?

regards
Michael
You're a genius!!! I somehow didn't find that thread when I was searching through the forums...anyway, followed some steps from there and thankfully it's working now! Thanks once again! :)

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”