TTDPatch wont load my game

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

deeped
Engineer
Engineer

TTDPatch wont load my game

Post by deeped »

Hey there,

I have a company, Ive been using it for years. Once I used TTDPatch to open this savegame, convert all railroads to magnetic roads, and replaced old trains. It ok, even the old tycoon can run it.
But now, I want to load this game with TTDPatch again, and it freezes when loading. I mean, I open it, the cursor goes "zzzzzz", the background music still being played, and it never returns. The game freezes. Im using the 2.5 version, under DOSbox. I attact the gamereplay...
I used a tool, a fixer, it said it didnt have error. Thanks in advance
Attachments
TRT00.ZIP
(167.49 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: TTDPatch wont load my game

Post by Lakie »

Could you please also provide a TTDPatch configuration?

Unfortunately, I don't actually have the ability build (and debug) DOS builds myself.
However, on windows (2.6 r2330mod) it also causes the game to lock up whilst loading, (takes around a minute or so to load for me).
Saving it with my configuration and then reloading makes it load as fast as expected.

[Edit] Also tried 2.5 b9, exactly the same behaviour as mentioned above.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

OpenTTD says it tries to read past the end of the file, so I think it's missing some bytes at the end. That Transport Tycoon Deluxe still loads it correctly might have to do with the fact that it's a TTDPatch chunk that it is silently ignoring whereas TTDPatch and OpenTTD try to make sense of the chunk.
deeped
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deeped »

oh thats great :D and what can I myself do?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

deeped wrote:oh thats great :D and what can I myself do?
Lakie wrote:Could you please also provide a TTDPatch configuration?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
deeped
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deeped »

ok here - but I don't think it would change anything
Attachments
TTDPATCH.ZIP
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'm not sure why it failed, I imagine its linked to what Rubidium said, implying it was somehow slightly corrupt.
Anyway, I've loaded and saved the game using TTDPatch 2.5b9, you should be able to open this file without trouble.
(I'm unsure if it'll open correctly in TTD, as I cannot test that, but I think it should be).

Out of curiosity, was this saved game used and then saved by TTD after the track conversions through TTDPatch?

~ Lakie
Attachments
TRT00.SV1
(334.92 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
deeped
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deeped »

yepp, I used TTDpatch just to convert old railroads to monoral (with "tracks 1 0" cheat, I cant remember)

okay, this time TTDpatch does load it. But there are still a little error:

the left picture was screenshoted from normal Tycoon game, and the right is from TTDpatch. As you can see, there are monorails everywhere, while TTDpatch kept the old tracks too, expect 2 lines at the bottom right (I also noticed it when TTDpatch used to load my game)
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Oh, that's quite a simple one, in ttdpatch.cfg set "electrifiedrailway" to "off".

By default in TTDPatch electric trains are separated to only run on electric tracks (steam & diesel run on both standard and electrified), this means that maglev and monorail get merged to one rail type (customizable to show either monorail or maglev graphics).

~ Lakie
deeped
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deeped »

hey all,

I again tried to open that game (it was modified since then, hehe) and TTD still freezes. I sadly saw there's no another patch :(

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”