Not able to start after changing ttdpatch.cfg

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

matthew_squirrel
Engineer
Engineer

Not able to start after changing ttdpatch.cfg

Post by matthew_squirrel »

I have a problem starting the game. I am using Windows Vista and installed TTD and TTDpatch version 2.5 beta 9. I have changed the win2k to 'on' and I was able to start the game initially. But after I copied different cfg graphic files to the game and made further changes to my ttdpatch.cfg file, I was not able to start the game again. It showed the message "TTD is not installed properly <registry error 4>" right after the message "TTDLOADW.OVL is ok". I deleted all the files and re-install the game again. However, I got the same message even if I started TTDpatch with the original setting (except changing the win2k to 'on') after i re-installed the game. I've tried to copy a ttdpatch nighty version and replace the TTDpatch 2.5 beta 9 but the same message was still shown. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Much thanks.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Not able to start after changing ttdpatch.cfg

Post by wallyweb »

matthew_squirrel wrote:"TTD is not installed properly <registry error 4>"
From FAQ -> Installation and Configuration and "How do I run TTD/TTDPatch on Windows NT, 2000 or XP?":
If you get a message like "TTD is not installed properly (registry error #)", TTD is not installed properly. Run the installation program again to make sure the registry entries are correct. Alternatively you can use TTDPatch Starter from the Tools page to fix your TTD registry entries. See the manual for a detailed explanation of this error message.
TTDPatch Starter or TTD Regsitry Editor would be the tools to try. Unfortunately their links are either broken or missing.

EDIT: This link works: http://www.ttdpatch.net/tools.html#reged
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

I've the same problem and tried you solutions, but nothing works.

I press [enter] to start te game, I see the message "TTDLOADW.OVL wordt gestart", but right after that I get a windows message, "The game has not been installed properly."

I've played this game for very long, even on windows Vista. But when I start it now I get this error.

Can anyone think of a solution?

Thnx,
Habell
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Generally on Windows 7 you should be run TTDPatch under compatibility mode (otherwise the game randomly crashes).

For the registry issue, you could try running TTDPatch with the "n+" debug command line argument, this should make TTDPatch use the file "registry.ini" for TTD's registry settings.

Code: Select all

ttdpatchw -!n+
Alternately clear out the registry entries created by the TTD installer, in which case TTDPatch will automatically do the above.
(I'm not sure off hand, but believe its under "HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\[Wow6432Node\]Fish Technology Group").
Note that the part in square brackets only applies to 64bit windows installations.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Lakie wrote:Generally on Windows 7 you should be run TTDPatch under compatibility mode (otherwise the game randomly crashes).

For the registry issue, you could try running TTDPatch with the "n+" debug command line argument, this should make TTDPatch use the file "registry.ini" for TTD's registry settings.

Code: Select all

ttdpatchw -!n+
Alternately clear out the registry entries created by the TTD installer, in which case TTDPatch will automatically do the above.
(I'm not sure off hand, but believe its under "HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\[Wow6432Node\]Fish Technology Group").
Note that the part in square brackets only applies to 64bit windows installations.

~ Lakie
Well.....TTDP started but I can't play. It's a resolution of about 40x40 pixels?
See attachment
Attachments
Very small TTDP!
Very small TTDP!
TTD_very_small!.png (13.75 KiB) Viewed 7387 times
ttdpatch.zip
The CFG-file. Autocreated by ttdxc.exe
(11.62 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Try turning "stretchwindow" off, and adjusting "resolution*" lines to suit. (Width must be dividable by 4 if memory serves).

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Lakie wrote:Try turning "stretchwindow" off, and adjusting "resolution*" lines to suit. (Width must be dividable by 4 if memory serves).

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
"stretchwindow" off, did the trick, thnx! :D
matthew_squirrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matthew_squirrel »

Thanks guys for your information. I've looked up the links and information, and i've installed TTD and TTD patch to a different path. It worked for a while and failed again. Now I try to use my other netbook using WinXP now the problem seems gone.

I just had a small problem now, that I'm using the latest nighty version to play, but it says the ttdpbasew.grf is not up-to-date. Can anyone show me or give me the link to download the latest ttdpbasew.grf for the nighties?

Thousand Thanks.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

You want the "Base graphics" from the TTDPatch graphics page, (under 2.5 graphics).

~ Lakie

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”