Industries Changing Midgame

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

coralleane
Engineer
Engineer

Industries Changing Midgame

Post by coralleane »

I've searched under the TTDPatch Problems and TTD Problems section of the forum without any success on this problem; so time to throw it open and see if anyone can find anything relevant or discover what's going on!

I am using the latest nightly (r2321?) and running the windows version of the game. Last night I finished a game in the tropics; near the end a new Fruit Plantation was established. I set up a train to run from it to a nearby Food Processing Plant - all well and good, and it made at least one run before I came back to it a few in-game years later to discover that when I clicked on it, it showed up as a Rubber Plantation. I tried switching the cars to rubber ones, but the train wouldn't pick rubber up either; although as the production rate was zero, I wasn't expecting anything much! As I was only a year or two away from ending the game I just wrote it off, sold off the train and station, and forgot about it.

This afternoon I started up a new game in the Temperate Climate, and played for about seven or eight years before the problem developed again. Included below is (hopefully) a screenshot of the resultant window when I clicked on a forest that had, until recently, been happily producing wood as normal. Every other industry I've clicked on so far has a similar problem - a Sawmill claiming to be a Food Processing Plant, an Iron Ore Mine showing the details for a Bank...

No problem, I figured - I'll load up an old save. I had one from right back near the beginning of the game (1950). The problem was somehow in that one too, even though the problem had *not* started then. I tried the ReloadIndustry signcheat to no avail, shut down and restarted the game several times trying the autosaved version and the other couple of manual saves, again with no joy.

I'm assuming that somehow, in configuring grfs and switches in the patch, I've made some dire error and set up a conflict. I'm including my latest patch cfg (although please note I've already changed a few around - and I made a lot of changes between last night, when the error first occured, and starting today's game). I will also attch a savegame although I don't know how much help it's likely to be. If there is anything else you need to see, let me know, and I'll see if I can oblige.

In the meantime, I'm off to start a new game and see whether or not the problem reoccurs...

(Last minute note: I left the game running while writing this, and a new industry (a farm) has just been established - currently with the correct description. I'll let the game run a bit and see if it remains that way or not.)
Attachments
Description of 'forest'!
Description of 'forest'!
Forest.png (30.04 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
ttdpatch.cfg
PatchCFG
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
TRP51.SV1
Save File
(268.37 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Industries Changing Midgame

Post by wallyweb »

Please post your newgrf.cfg so that we can see which new grf files you are using.
coralleane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coralleane »

Okay, here you go:
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
NewGRF
(191 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ok ... Your newgrf.cfg is fine. I ran your saved game. Your industries have tropic climate names. It would seem that you converted a tropic game or scenario to temperate. I've tried a couple of cheats to clean it up, all to no avail. I tried in both Temperate and Tropical. The best I can suggest is to trash this saved game and start over new and to avoid loading a Tropic save into Temperate, and vice versa.
coralleane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coralleane »

I started the game randomly generated from the main screen and, as I mentioned, I had the same problem in a tropics game originally, the night before - that was also randomly generated. I don't think I've played anything other than randomly generated scenarios in years. I started another temperate climate one later on in the afternoon that also got bugged, but the one I started after *that* seems fine so far - touch wood!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Well, I've gone through both of your cfg files and there is nothing that stands out as a problem source. The only other problem source which would result in the symptoms seen in your save game would be accidentally saving a game started in one climate into another climate. Keep an eye on your current game and if it acts up, give us a post.
coralleane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coralleane »

Last night's game was fine until I went to load the save this morning - and, poof, it was corrupt. Since clearly the loading of the savefile (even though I'm not doing anything unusual) seems to be the breaking point, I think I'm going to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game later in the week. It's possible I've broken something at a deep level without realising it, I suppose. I just wish I knew *what* so that I could avoid it reoccuring in the future. ;)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

coralleane wrote:I just wish I knew *what* so that I could avoid it reoccuring in the future. ;)
Probably just one of those errant electron things. :wink: A reinstall sounds like a plan. Just a suggestion, but for your ttdpatch.cfg, try TTDPC. The GUI is not as pretty as TTDPatch Configurator, but some say the results are more stable.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”