Paved roads above snowline and in desert

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

PaulC
Director
Director

Paved roads above snowline and in desert

Post by PaulC »

I'm getting paved roads above the snowline in artic and in deserts, and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be (in fact, I didn't think it was possible above the snowline):
pavedroads.png
pavedroads.png (100.66 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
I'm not sure what the problem is. This doesn't occur if I run TTDP without any newgrfs, but AFAIK none of the grfs I use should be doing this either. By selectively removing grfs from my cfg I found that this happens when I have any of the following, regardless of whether or not they are active:

Tropic Refurbishment Set v0.3.1
Pikka's Basic Industries v1.5
Swedish Houses Set 1.0

which seems a bit random. :? I'm using Windows, but patch version doesn't seem to make a difference: 2.5 beta 9 is no different in this regard than the current nightlies (r2305 at the moment).
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Paved roads above snowline and in desert

Post by PikkaBird »

http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... eatures_9E_ "Show pavement and lights in desert towns".
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

PikkaBird wrote:http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... eatures_9E_ "Show pavement and lights in desert towns".
Well, yes, but none of those grfs are actually doing that AFAIK -- you told me yourself that PBI doesn't do anything to the roads. And action D variable 9E seems to be just for deserts, not snowline...
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

From what I have been reading in OpenTTD code. Snowline is desertline. I do not recall the details. But the same code is used IIRC.
Maybe it is related.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Yes, as far as certain areas of the code is concerned snow and desert are the same thing.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”