Game crashes at start of month

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

AndyB
Engineer
Engineer

Game crashes at start of month

Post by AndyB »

I'm having a very similar problem to the one here in that the game crashes when the month changes from September to October. I'm pretty sure its down to subsidies because I can get the game to crash by clicking on the subsidies button. Unfortunately, fiddling with the message settings doesn't seem to help. Unfortunately there's no crash log (at least not as far as I can see) but I have attached a screen shot of the debugger.

I'm running TTDpatch under XP but I've no idea how to tell what version I'm running, sorry.

Any ideas?

I was going to use a cheat to set the date past the expiry of the subsidy but CTRL-ALT-C brings up a dialogue box for my graphics card rather than the cheat menu
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
TRT44.SV1
(318.62 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
TTDPatch Diag.jpg
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Game crashes at start of month

Post by DaleStan »

Ten to one you're using 2.0r1. The TTDPatch console window will say for sure. (e.g. "TTDPatch v1.8.2a starting") Please upgrade to 2.5 beta 9 or the nightlies; this issue has been fixed there.

Also, if you're trying to type CTRL-ALT-C in TTDPatch, you're doing it wrong.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AndyB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AndyB »

Thanks for your help. I was having difficulty seeing the version number in the console because it disappeared so quickly until I realised I could start it from the command prompt then ALT-TAB back to the console. I don't know what version I was using then but now I've installed a version by following links here, I'm using version 3.02.011 and the saved game still crashes. I'm not too bothered about it though 'cos I've started a new game. I've also read that to use cheats in non-open TT I have to use the signs. Thanks for your help
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

3.02.011 is your TTD version, not your TTDPatch version.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”