PLEASE HELP ME

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

VincentStarck
Engineer
Engineer

PLEASE HELP ME

Post by VincentStarck »

Hi to all, i'm Vincent, from Italy. I have 27 years old and i LOVE THIS GAME!

But i have a big problem... In my office i have Win Vista on my PC.
I download the game for playing some times in the break, but it can't start!
I install the basic game and it start, when i insert the TTDpatch it ask me the CD! I don't have it!!!

Please help me... Public a complete download of the game for vista! I want to play, i NEED to play!

Tnx for answers ;)

I SUCCESS! NOW I CAN PLAY! but, why i can't view new graphics? The industries are normal, the veichles are normal, the stations are normal.... PLEASE HELP ME!
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: PLEASE HELP ME

Post by petert »

VincentStarck wrote:I SUCCESS! NOW I CAN PLAY! but, why i can't view new graphics? The industries are normal, the veichles are normal, the stations are normal.... PLEASE HELP ME!
What is the problem, exactly?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Please start by giving your topic a decent subject. "PLEASE HELP ME" is not one of them.

If you want to use add-on graphics you need to enable them by adding them in the New GRF dialog and then press apply. Do this before you start a new game. In the new game the choosen GRF files will be used.

More information: http://wiki.openttd.org/New_Graphics
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Edit2: Huge fail. The guy seems to mean TTDPatch.. o.O
Last edited by Benny on 24 Nov 2009 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

VincentStarck wrote:when i insert the TTDpatch it ask me the CD! I don't have it!!!
What game are you playing? OpenTTD or TTDpatch?
If the latter case, you are posting in the wrong place.

Oh, and as petert already asked, explain what your problem is. (just like when you phone the fire brigade and shout "rescue my house" (like you do with the topic title) they'd want details like where they can find it, and what's wrong with it.)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Alberth wrote:Oh, and as petert already asked, explain what your problem is. (just like when you phone the fire brigade and shout "rescue my house" (like you do with the topic title) they'd want details like where they can find it, and what's wrong with it.)
Indeed.

Just follow Zuu's post, go to NewGRF settings and pick GRF's and apply them. Of course you need to download some before you can apply them.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

petert wrote:Just follow Zuu's post
Since you apparently missed this when Alberth pointed it out: VincentStarck, for all his horrible subject, did manage to specify that he is playing TTDPatch.
Between that claim and OpenTTD's inability to request a CD ever, I'd be inclined to believe that statement.

Therefore, it would be appreciated if you could produce advice that is applicable to TTDPatch, even if VincentStarck did post in the wrong forum.

VincentStarck: The manual is your friend.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”