Downloaded new scenarios and graphics

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

jack verheydt
Engineer
Engineer

Downloaded new scenarios and graphics

Post by jack verheydt »

I do hope to hear from somebody about 1) where to find that beautiful oil drilling platform with working (?) helipad ! Am not looking forward to having to browse more than 100 Graphics forum pages, what with some joker endlessly repeating his conviction that life sucks, ad nauseam. Over and over again, every few lines. Gets boring. Besides, he forgot to add the clincher: “….and then you die yet, too.” Suggestion: if he hates life so much, why doesn’t he end it ? At least that’s something you only do once……
But seriously now: 2) Does anyone know how to convert DOS zips into Windows? And how to tell (if it is not indicated) whether a download .ss or .sv file is DOS or Windows?
And 3) how to turn off NightTD after you have accidentally installed it? Everything’s blue and has lights. Nice, but I would like to see my games in daylight again, and I can’t turn it off ! And that’s the only new graphic that made its presence known in my game. The new buildings etc. did not even show up. Had expected to see them in the dropdown menus in the top bar. I fear I had to download the game + patch + Shadow’s graphics manager + some 60 downloaded scenarios and saved games all over again………. Which I did, and hey! presto! daylight again, but although the trc, trh and try files, plus the trt files and the new graphics .exe files I downloaded and unzipped all show up in the contents of the game, some are nowhere to be seen in the New game, Load Game or Play Scenario menus after starting the game, and NONE of the new graphics in the menu bar, for that matter. I took care to rename some of the saved games and scenarios that had already existing file numbers, and for most of them that worked, but what’s going on, especially with the graphics ? This boob gladly admits he’s not a geek. Bewildered (j.verheydt@hetnet.nl)

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”