Order heap corruption/issues comment...

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Order heap corruption/issues comment...

Post by JGR »

This is mostly aimed at devs, but also at anyone else who has run into these sorts of problem...

As of late (in the past few days) I've noticed some vehicles in my game (which has been battered in various ways, I'll admit) experiencing problems with orders. Some trains have had their orders "disappear", and subsequently cause the orders window to behave oddly, modifying/deleting these vehicles has caused other vehicles' orders to spontaneously change and otherwise corrupt themselves, which leads me to think that some sort of error in the order heap has developed.
I'm thinking write (yet another) internal fixit sign cheat to go through the all the vehicle and the order heap and either rebuild it or check for/fix inconsistencies (like the BBlist signcheat/autofix), and/or clean up any remaining debris by hand.
I haven't been able to find all that much documentation on the internal structure so far...

If anyone has any bright ideas or comment as to the cause or a quick(er) fix don't hesitate to speak out...

The savegame/config/etc is available if necessary. This I think first appeared when running r2082, but I'm using r2112 now (as of last night, when I bothered to re-set up my machine up for compilation again)...

Many thanks,
JGR
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”