Problem Concerning Use of TTDPC With DOS Version of TTD

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SpecterFan
Engineer
Engineer

Problem Concerning Use of TTDPC With DOS Version of TTD

Post by SpecterFan »

I have spent several days on this problem. Grrrr! I'm rapidly running out of hair. Grrrrrrrragh! I need advice, an explanation, directions, something.......anything!

I have Win 98SE on one of my PCs. I wanted to try the DOS version of TTD on it. I applied the patch - the correct patch - and I installed/ unzipped TTDPC where I wanted it. The first time I tried to open it, it asked for the location of TTD which I provided. This was followed by a wait - and then nothing.

Absolutely nothing..............

I have tried a number of possible solutions. Nothing works. So here I am.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Not sure if this is posted in the proper place. It seemed right. My apologies if I was wrong.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Problem Concerning Use of TTDPC With DOS Version of TTD

Post by DaleStan »

Until AndersI figures out your problem and fixes it, try putting the corresponding Windows version of TTDPatch into the same folder. (Also, TTDPC problems belong in the TTDPC thread, not in the Problems with TTDPatch forum.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SpecterFan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SpecterFan »

I've been looking for the correct thread you mentioned without success. Could you give me its exact name so I can re-post if necessary.

Thanks
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

It took a bit of a dig, but a search for TTDPC returned this among all the other hits:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... pc#p470306

I had to go to the last page of the Search returns to find it. Seems that TTDPC doesn't have all that many problems. 8)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

I don't have the DOS version of TTD, so I can't make any tests. It definitely works with the Windows version, assuming the version of TTDPatch is new enough. Reading through the thread (link in wallyweb's post), it seems it should work with the DOS-version too. You'll have to give more details about your installation to let us find out what's wrong. Actual version numbers, for example...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Assuming you use -!T-S-, (or just about anything else that includes -!T- [0]) DOS TTDPatch should work just fine even without a DOS TTD install.

[0] Objections that -!T-S-T+ requires a DOS TTD install will not be looked upon kindly. ;)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SpecterFan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SpecterFan »

Finally back. Sorry about the wait. You said you needed some info:

Transport Tycoon Deluxe for DOS
TTDPatch v2.5 beta 9 (I have also tried the most recent nightly with the same results.)
TTDPC v1.2.0.0

System:
Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.10.2222 A

Computer:
AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
383.0MB RAM

Graphics:
Radeon 9250

Anything more you need to know, just say the word.

You mentioned that you did not have the DOS version of TTD. I can provide several links for TTO, TTD, and TTD for Windows. (If anyone is interested.)

SpecterFan

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”