No vehicles for carrying steel

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Gilberreke
Engineer
Engineer

No vehicles for carrying steel

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm playing a game with DB set XL, starting year is 1985. None of the available cargo train carriages are able to carry steel. Is there another GRF with just some extra cargo carriages that I can try?

I'm assuming that there are carriages for steel in the DB set XL, but they have dissapeared since it's 1985 when the game starts. This is very annoying.

I like my current game, so I'd hate to give it up because I can't carry my steel away from the steel mill.

Suggestions on how to fix it?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: No vehicles for carrying steel

Post by Lakie »

If you are using newgrf make sure you've checked the refit options for all the wagons currently available.
If there isn't (unlikely), then use the sign "cht: allvehicles" which should restore all the vehicles which went out of service.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Gilberreke
Engineer
Engineer

Re: No vehicles for carrying steel

Post by Gilberreke »

I checked all the refit options. Apparently there are two lowside wagons, with the smaller one dissapearing eventually. The small one is the one carrying steel. The other option is the stake wagon, which has also dissapeared by 1985. I need to look up when both of them dissapear and pick a starting year before that.

It's all very strange. I probably need to find a better starting year for my games.

Thanks for the sign cheat, that might fix all my problems, going to try right away... edit: it worked! Thanks for that

I also just found and installed the ECS version of DB set XL, which will hopefully add some extra options for refits.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”