Problem With Dplay.dll

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Bjd Transport
Engineer
Engineer

Problem With Dplay.dll

Post by Bjd Transport »

I am not sure if this is a problem with the patch or TTD but i recently Downloaded and installed both TTD and the patch from your website. Now I downloaded and installed it exactly as it said to do on your instructions for Windows Vista. But everytime i attempt to run the game it comes up with an error saying it cannot find Dplay.dll. If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem it would be very much appreciated. I would love to be able to play this old game again.
Sincerly,
Bjd Transport
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem With Dplay.dll

Post by michael blunck »

Bjd Transport wrote: [...] I downloaded and installed it exactly as it said to do on your instructions for Windows Vista. But everytime i attempt to run the game it comes up with an error saying it cannot find Dplay.dll.
Did you take a look into the FAQ?
TTDPatch FAQ wrote:Windows Vista complains about a missing file dplay.dll?

- If you're using the nightlies, ensure win2k is on, and then delete TTDLOADW.OVL. If this doesn't work, report it as a bug. After you've reported the bug, use the solution for the 2.5 beta versions.

- If you're using a 2.5 beta, copy dplayx.dll to your TTD folder, and rename it to dplay.dll.
regards
Michael
unionpacific13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by unionpacific13 »

Bjd Transport wrote:I am not sure if this is a problem with the patch or TTD but i recently Downloaded and installed both TTD and the patch from your website. Now I downloaded and installed it exactly as it said to do on your instructions for Windows Vista. But everytime i attempt to run the game it comes up with an error saying it cannot find Dplay.dll. If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem it would be very much appreciated. I would love to be able to play this old game again.
Sincerly,
Bjd Transport
why you not search Dplay.dll on google? :idea:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Try using a TTDPatch 2.6 alpha, or a nightly (both are fairly stable).
Those should use dplayx.dll instead, or as Michael says just copy that DLL and rename it for the TTDPatch 2.5 betas.
(That technique might also work for the TTDPatch 2.0.1r stable release, which is very old).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”