crashing w/o crashlog

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

crashing w/o crashlog

Post by Doclouis »

Hallo there,

my ttd savegame keeps on crashing all the same time. Even if I don't do anything but just watch it running. I have no idea, why it does it. I first tried out all nightly patches available on the ttdpatch.net site, still it keeps on crashing. As it doesn't create a crashlog, I followed the instructions to use a debugger. I attached the screenshot to this post & hope that someone can help.

:(
Attachments
crash.jpg
crash.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 414 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: crashing w/o crashlog

Post by DaleStan »

Version, newgrfw.cfg, and ttdpatch.cfg will all be helpful, as will your savegame.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Hello there,

I've tried all versions from r2038 thru to 2075, all end up in the crash at the same time (June 24th 2032). I've also tried to change the date, but the crash will happen even then.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
There are a lot of graphics listed in this file, but only a few are actually activated in the game.
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
TRP00.SV1
(681.69 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

:( no ttdx during the holidays
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You can try a new game, but I'm not going to be in front of my debugging tools until Jan 4, so all I can do is ask for the usual info and hope some other developer can look into it.

I can tell you that the more things you turn on, the less likely you are to run into breakage. If there are switches you have off that you could effectively turn off simply by not using the actions it enables (custombridgeheads, for example) try turning them on and see if that fixes things.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Road vehicle 26 is broken. Do you have a save from before the UFO lands?

For a stopgap: turn sortvehlist on to find road vehicle 26, and then get it into a depot and sold before June 24. Fortunately, there's a nearby empty tile that can be used for a new depot. I expect that replacing it will work too, but I didn't try that.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

To replace street vehicle #26 was the solution. Thank you so much! :P

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”