Problem with graphics display

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Kayn
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with graphics display

Post by Kayn »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the community and firstly I'd like to say everyone's doing a great job on this game :) If I loved TTD before, now it's even greater! Thank you and I hope you keep doing yet more of these great graphics!

Anyway, I feel kind of embarrassed to start out with a problem right in the beginning, but it's just starting to bug me...

It's a series of graphical problems, really. Basically, the MagLev bridges display half the Czech Roadset bridges and half the original ones (only the MagLev bridges; road and railroad bridges have no issues at all). If I turn off the Roadset, it corrects the problem but gives me the original bridges, which I don't really enjoy.

This has happened to me once, but it was a conflict with something I had installed on the Trg1r.grf file (I think that's how it's spelled), but this time it's really that other graphic file.

Furthermore, the docks are also displaying incorrectly; half original, half the new ones from the Urban Renewal Set, if I remember correctly (the ones with the crates). This is related to that Trg1r.grf file, and I'm going to try and reinstall all graphics on it to see if it solves that issue, but I doubt it will.

Finally, two more issues. The first is a minor one - the Oil Rig is displaying a white rectangle on one of its parts. :? Strange, but it's true. Now the next one is really odd. I have the Plane Set and the airplanes are being shown incorrectly on the vehicle list - they have two weird brown animated stripes and the head and tail of the aircraft have new graphics, while the middle area has the old ones... or maybe it's the other way around, I don't really know. Also, when I build them, they usually show the old graphics.

I'll send three screenshots showing the issues. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Oh and I'm using a fully updated TTDPatch (2.6 alpha 0 r904).

By the way, I know it's off-topic, but anyway... I have downloaded these really cool futuristic building sprites for SimCity 2000 and I'd like to modify them a bit and them introduce them in TTD. I just wanted to know how to make sure they have the right palette, or better yet, if there's a way to convert their colors to those of the TTD palette... Thank you.
Attachments
The issue with the magLev bridges and the aircraft.
The issue with the magLev bridges and the aircraft.
SCR1.PNG (46.65 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
The glitched oilfield.
The glitched oilfield.
SCR2.PNG (56.38 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
The problem with the docks.
The problem with the docks.
SCR3.PNG (76.9 KiB) Viewed 2408 times

Give me the nuts... or die!! ^^
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Problem with graphics display

Post by DaleStan »

Kayn wrote:It's a series of graphical problems, really. Basically, the MagLev bridges display half the Czech Roadset bridges and half the original ones
Most likely, you've got either a mismatched group of bridgesets or a broken bridgeset.
Disable all grfs except the Czech brigde set; if that fixes the problem, then re-enable grfs, one at a time, until you find the offending one(s).
If the problem persists with only the Czech bridgeset active, then its broken.

Unless ...
Kayn wrote:Furthermore, the docks are also displaying incorrectly; half original, half the new ones from the Urban Renewal Set, if I remember correctly (the ones with the crates). This is related to that Trg1r.grf file, and I'm going to try and reinstall all graphics on it to see if it solves that issue, but I doubt it will.
But if you've done anything that modifies trg1r.grf, all bets are off; restore the original version first.
Kayn wrote:Finally, two more issues. The first is a minor one - the Oil Rig is displaying a white rectangle on one of its parts. :? Strange, but it's true.
See above. Failing that, disable grf files one at a time until the problem goes away.
Kayn wrote:[PlaneSet]
That's by design; it indicates that the planes have multiple liveries available.
And
No, they don't. It might be a CC livery, but it's not the old graphics. If you only want real-world liveries, read its readme.
Kayn wrote:[palette conversions]
If you are personally encoding them, then many graphics programs will convert to the correct palette if you copy them into a known-good pcx file. (And grfcodec will complain if the palette is incorrect.)
If you aren't encoding them, then don't worry about it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Kayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kayn »

Thanks for the help :) Apparently the problem was indeed with the Czech RoadSet and I've deleted it and am now using the US Roadset with the New Bridges (which looks great as well!).

As for the plane issue, well I didn't know that :P It's just I had never seen something like that, so I thought it was a glitch. But I've verified that you can refit the aircraft for the new liveries.

The dock and oilfield problem persist, even after reinstalling the trg1r.grf file. I used the backup and installed the docks graphics on the original file, but the glitch remains. I guess the only way is reinstalling TTDX. Also there seems to be no conflict whatsoever with any other graphic file, so it's really some sort of damage made to the trg1r.grf file... or not, I don't really know.

Finally, thanks for the help on the palette conversions. I am encoding them, so I'll go find a few programs on the Forums.

Once again, thanks for the help. :wink:

Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

It looks like you've got the new water grf applied - I know some versions of this have the white block bug where the oilrig has the white block under it. I know my version of it does. I either just put up with it, or turn it off.

Scautura
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Scautura wrote:It looks like you've got the new water grf applied - I know some versions of this have the white block bug where the oilrig has the white block under it. I know my version of it does. I either just put up with it, or turn it off.

Scautura
thats the same with the dock.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

robotboy wrote:thats the same with the dock.
Which makes perfect sense... since the water has to be drawn into the dock base tile and the oilrig base tiles...
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

IRRC it's only the latest version of new water that has the problem with the oil rig, the stable version (v0.3) should be ok.

EDIT: I presume you're using the new docks exe from Urban Renwal? You might have more luck with the grf version posted here:

Andrés sets in grf-format
Kayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kayn »

Thank you guys. Now that you mention it, I've only recently added the new water graphics, so it does make sense. And I've confirmed it; it really is the cause of the problem.
PaulC wrote:EDIT: I presume you're using the new docks exe from Urban Renwal? You might have more luck with the grf version posted here:

Andrés sets in grf-format
I've tried it and it works perfectly :) Thanks!

Well, then, I guess everything's okay now. Thank you for your help!

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”