Action B fatal errors aren't?

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Action B fatal errors aren't?

Post by DaleStan »

Isn't this code

Code: Select all

1 * 9     07 8B 04 05 E9 01 0A 02 01
2 * 19    0B 03 1F 00 32 2E 30 2E 31 20 61 6C 70 68 61 20 34 39 00
supposed to make versions prior to a49 refuse to load the GRF with the message"$FILENAME requires at least TTDPatch version 2.0.1 alpha 49"?

Csaba got it to work for TTRSv2, but when I put it in the Desal Plant, a48 gives me an invalid sprite error[0] instead. Is there something I'm missing to make fatal errors actually abort loading?

[0] The error is on sprite 8. Admittedly, that sprite is invalid in a48, but it's an action 0, which is ignored during initialization, and it's after the action B, which should halt activation.
Attachments
Desal.zip
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Yes, there was a bug in up to and including alpha 49 with fatal error messages not quite working. I guess you have to manually skip the rest of the file after generating the message.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”