Don't buy unless your mad!!!

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have located a patch for the game as well on german fora. They are working on it to make more switches. The industry is rather elaborated so that proves challenging!

http://tgmod.ircone.net/download.html

I just love those horse trams! I hope you can put small steam trams and later on perhaps electrical on it as well, that would be awesome!

They are also talking about elevating parts, but i am not sure, my german is not that well (yet).
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Guess who has written the tool to extract graphic files called jflextract? :wink:

Currently the TG-Mod doesn't seem to be maintained much. Well most players play now something different I guess. That Jowood closed Ebensee didn't helped much either to have a good community.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I think all in all it was a nice attempt, but who knows, maybe a TTD and TG combo one day... Best of both worlds...
PoRrEiRãO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PoRrEiRãO »

I know this topic is more then dead, but honestly, i really enjoy this game.

At first, i did think like "why play this game if I have TTD?", but to me, i think it has almost nothing to do with TTD, except for the fact that you control transports

Then, I put some time into this game, and to my surprise, I enjoy it a lot now and I'm going through all the levels :D
wilburt99
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wilburt99 »

I bought this game.
OK, I paid about 5£ for the gold edition. The moderate economical risk made it worth taking a chans.
Technical, Transport Giant works OK. It is not a difficult game, but very entertaining to play; or should I say: 'to play with'.
Last edited by wilburt99 on 17 Dec 2006 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

I really hate people who put their dislike for a game on a

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello to all people :

this really makes me very upset at people who post their dislike for a game on website forum to post their anger or dislike about this game
has made me very upset I have this and all gaint games done Jowood
and I like them very much as I do Locomotion and Transport Tycoon.
and I have the old train game from japan out way before Transport Tycoon and it called Take the A-Train 1986 and I just got the latest version called AtrainHX for the Xbox360.

thanks
redknight4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by redknight4 »

I have played transport giant (it is better than ig2 and loco for delevering to towns) & still found industry giant 2 to be better for rail systems and storage systems, but locomotion rules for track lay out 90% of the time

I've have the maxis versions of a-train with the construction pak and a-tran PSX(PS1). ttdx, locomotion(2 copies. I also played the network game), industry giant 2 deluxe, transprot giant, trafic giant.

my faverates are a-train and ttdx on my ms-dos based system and on my newer computer its industry giant 2 and locomotion.

I still find transport giant to be intriguing.
work on a new building has been halted do to my job at this time.

here is the url to a cell phone sized webpage I created.
http://www.geocities.com/jojostickedoff/celldex.htm
your phone has to ignore java script or the page won't load.
I know most US Motorola phones (i.e v400) and Sanyo phones will load this page. sprint/nextel won't let you dl content or images.

Return to “Transport Giant”