Transport Giant BAD

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
Inspire
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Giant BAD

Post by Inspire »

I just bought Transport Giant and the game sucks... I mean great graphics, a lot of good ideas, but the gameplay... :cry:
I just love the gameplay of a game from Chris...

First no tutorial, and believe it's not easy to understand why i build a station and to build rail i got to make another station or to build a station i need first to have rail build ( confusing ).. Lot's of bugs, and the new patch for the english version is late... If there's was a toturial would be 100 times more easy to understand this game...

I can't wait for locomotion, it may not be perfect but the gameplay should be 100 times better than transport giant... People don't buy this just wait for locomotion...

Thanks for this great forum.... :lol:
LazzaH
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transport Giant BAD

Post by LazzaH »

Inspire wrote:I just bought Transport Giant and the game sucks... I mean great graphics, a lot of good ideas, but the gameplay... :cry:

First no tutorial, and believe it's not easy to understand why i build a station and to build rail i got to make another station or to build a station i need first to have rail build ( confusing ).. Lot's of bugs, and the new patch for the english version is late... If there's was a toturial would be 100 times more easy to understand this game...

I can't wait for locomotion, it may not be perfect but the gameplay should be 100 times better than transport giant... People don't buy this just wait for locomotion...
I agree with the above, I found the longer I played the game, the less I liked it. I played the "Great Britain" endless game scenario, first of all starting in 1950. There were 3 British steam locomotives available, but the rest were continental, and no new British locos became available at all as time progressed. In fact, if you start the game in 1975 or 2000, there are no British locos available at all!

On starting the game in the 1800`s, there are two modern coal-fired power stations close to London, which looked totally out-of-place for the period, and I found the game increasingly incongruous, especially when Neuschwanstein Castle popped up in East Anglia requiring bricks. In another game, the White House suddenly appeared in deepest Cornwall! The stations are of a continental design, which looked odd in a UK setting, and when a new industry in the form of an olive grove (!) opened in west Scotland, that was the final nail in the coffin.

The locomotive, building and running costs are unbelieveably high in comparison to the income and make it very difficult to get off the ground. There are three lengths of station available, the shortest being 8 loco lengths long, but I couldn`t believe my eyes, when playing against the computer, when my competitor pulled a 24-wagon train out of a station of this length. The only reason longer platform lengths are available is so you can put more ancilliary buildings on them, it has nothing to do with the length of the trains, as in TTD.

Transport Giant has many things going for it if only the gameplay was better and the graphics more in keeping with the location and period chosen by the player.

BTW, if you have a TG you want to sell, just mention it on the TG forum, it`ll be snapped up by someone in N. America quick as a flash!

Roll on Locomotion!

Lazza
JamesM
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JamesM »

I'm glad I never even considered buying it :) I've got my money going towards Locomotion and San Andreas.
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

IT IS NOT BORING TO PLAY

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello everyone:

I own Transport Giant in German and I don't find the game boring to play. I'm also waiting for Chris Sawyer's Locomotion to come out , but I'm playing both Transport Tycoon's right now for almost 6 hours aday until Locomotion is released on Spetember 7, 2004. I have already paid for it in full it cost me $ 33.45 after taxes.

thank you

Czar Aleksander
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

I moved your topic here, seemed better

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think twice before buying it
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

I DIDNOT START THIS TOPIC THANK YOU

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello Spaceman-spiff:

I didn't start this topic at all . I see now that this forum does not have the means to check the topic of a thread before or after it is started. many people here in the US and Europe Play Transport Giant and like the game very much. I have told people about this website they can come look at many threads on this forum and may see something they like.

thank you
Czar Aleksander
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

sry i aks this here but what heppended to my betatrick topic?

sudeenly it was deleted and i have no idea why, next time close topics :x
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It was moved to the spam bin because most of it seemed to consist of spam.
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Transport Giant BAD

Post by Gurluas2000 »

LazzaH wrote:
Inspire wrote:I just bought Transport Giant and the game sucks... I mean great graphics, a lot of good ideas, but the gameplay... :cry:

...[cut]....
thats how enless games are, try playing a random map instead its better.

SHADOW-XIII: quote cut
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

The gameplay of TG is bad wether you play endless or not..
Magic_Pixel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Magic_Pixel »

I got my hands on it yesterday. don't ask me how, but where I live we don't usually pay before we try (and I mean really try) :p (SHAME! :) ) well, software is too expensive compared to wages, especially this transport giant which I was eagerly expecting since half a year ago. After 10 minutes in the game I was all a bunch of stressed nerves, because of the way everything is built in TG. It is quite difficult to get used to the interface as compared to ttd. And the management is pretty shaky (one railroad station/town, awkward bridges), although you have lots of industries. The graphics look good, but that's the best part in the game I think. No diagonal tracks, really weird construction system, the station management disssapointing. I think the graphical engine could be (much more) improved as well.

Anyhow, I'll try the game tonight as well, maybe it can change my 1st impression. But excluding the gfx, (open)ttd is much better.

PS imo
...maintainer of Romanian OpenTTD translation...
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

i loved the random maps,

thoose things about monuments builded in the wrong place are mererly because its a random map using presetted settings,

a completely new random map will be funner,
chromax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chromax »

The game is really crap. No tutorial, the interface is too useless complicated.

Everytime I played it, I thought "Why so complicated?, look at transport tycoon, it is so simple"

I played many Jowood games and every was not so really good. The have always gameplay/interface-mistakes.

After I get how to build railroads, stations and trains there was nothing. In TTD I always want to build more, but here....it is simply boring.

Return to “Transport Giant”