Transport Giant Demo!!

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

jixor wrote:There is no support for dual monitors. I try to scroll my mouse just moves onto the other monitor, great, so if im building or giving orders and want to move in the direction of my other monitor I have to use the map, and the map is supprisingly difficult to use.
That happens on some other games too. Whether it's a DirectX thing or something else I'm not sure, though. I just have to use the parts of my screen that don't overlap :roll:. It's definitely annoying, though.

What I also don't like is certain windows needing the 'tick' confirmation to make the settings. I've lost construction more times than I've done it successfully because of forgetting to press it. You should just be able to press the cross to cancel and let it work anyway if you just click elsewhere (like TT).
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

btw... noticed my new psots? also it says... COMMENT!

but... dual monitor is really cool but shud be indeed supported.
OldCoot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OldCoot »

Fine - I've downloaded the demo. Now what?

There is no help file, no tutorial - not the slightest hint as to how to proceed. I suppose veteran transport tycoon players can figure it out, but this newbee is left with the option of staring at the screen, or finding something else to do.

I am going to be very leery of buying this game.
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

ok u need to assign orders... i havent found it out myself yet...
but im doing progress... u need ot assign staitons to the vehicles schedule... but first naturally u must build the stations and a horse.

i have been privately working with the patch from full... and got a working train bar...i figured more in ordering etc.

also i can build bridges etc... the main thing here
is that now ive got a better taste of the full game and im sure i CLEARLY decided to buy tgiant... in german and use the translated config nevertheless...

its pity jwood released a sucky 1rst demo... but take ur time... in a week or so ul get good demo.
MWF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MWF »

Fingers crossed the next demo is better.

I learned about Transport Giant via these forums and I have been waiting for the game to come out. The other night I checked the site and cheered to myself that a demo was available.

Sadly I found the demo a complete let down, all these years since Transport Tycoon came out and this is suppossed to cut the mustard? I felt let down by the lack of any tutorial or instructions but it got worse when I started playing the game. I don't think I need to go into any detail as previous posts cover most of my feelings.

I will keep my fingers crossed for now.
CyberBoy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CyberBoy »

Stupid game :x . I can't even try the demo because of weird grahics glitches :cry: . I'm so angry I'm going to swear :evil: : Stupid
$%@# demo nearly wrecked my brand new laptop :!: (Oh, that felt good!)
[account deleted]
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

with parts from the patch and sum saves ive made the demo become pretty good.
Creave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Creave »

Generally I like that game. But what really sucks is the handling.. building, giving orders, scrolling and so on.. damn annoying a window closes when rightclicking to scroll..
Well, but once you've gotten used to that the game might be fun.
Although I cannot image the railroad system will be as perfect as in TTD..

Return to “Transport Giant”