Transport Giant - Confirm Button - Not Connected Problems

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
RAAndre
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Giant - Confirm Button - Not Connected Problems

Post by RAAndre »

I have just purchased Transport Giant and have had a few problems.

The first was that the game was not saving and that was solved by inserting a "Save" folder. The result of a suggestion on this board - thanks!

Now I am not getting the "Confirm" button showing after I build something, and I keep getting the "Not Connected" message when I try to schedule a train (after the tracks are built).

Any help would be really appreciated.

UPDATE: Uninstalled and reinstalled three times (after turning off virus and firewall). Still not working right.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transport Giant - Confirm Button - Not Connected Problem

Post by OzTrans »

RAAndre wrote:I am not getting the "Confirm" button showing after I build something, ...
Either, you don't have enough money; at the bottom it says how much it will actually cost to complete construction. Or, the rail line is not connected to the network. You cannot build a rail line in one corner of the map and another one in another corner. For rail lines, whatever you want to build must be connected to the already existing network.
... I keep getting the "Not Connected" message when I try to schedule a train (after the tracks are built).
After you have confirmed the construction, you need to wait until the 2 little guys have finished their job, i.e. building the track. Inspect the line, if anything shows yellowish, it is not yet finished.
RAAndre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAAndre »

Really? All track has to be connected? That's kinda stupid isn't it? Especially since the trains don't work very well when they are on the same track.

So that's why my "Confirm" button isn't lighting up?

I will try playing again under those rules, but I got a feeling I'm not going to enjoy it very much. If that's the case this game is poorly designed.

I'll probably go back to playing Locomotion for a few months while I await the new "Train Fever" game which looks awesome and will be more my style.

Anyway, thank you for your informative response.
j7n
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j7n »

RAAndre wrote:All track has to be connected? That's kinda stupid isn't it?
I agree especially since track construction is otherwise very constrained without diagonal segments.

It was possible to bypass this restriction of connected track. This worked for me: I pick up the station tool, hold down Enter, then double click to place the station. I have not played the game in a while, and don't remember what this performs technically. But the effect was that you could start building from that station as if it was a functioning segment of rail already. There is no reason why all rail should be connected. It's an artificial restriction to make the game more challenging.

It's a shame really that railways and the user interface are so poorly implemented, because the graphics in this game are beautiful.

Return to “Transport Giant”