Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I have transport giant gold edition with downunder.
Hopefully someone can help me with this as it really does frustrate me.
An example to explain the issue is as follows.

Route #1 - Farm X to City Y:
Trucks pick up fruit from a fruit farm and deliver to a city with a storehouse.
The amount delivered exceeds the demand so the excess fruit is stored in the storehouse.
You can see the amount ticking up.
Route #2 - City Y to City Z
Train with a fruit car carries fruit from the storehouse to the next city that also has a storehouse.
The train comes to the train station and completely empties the storehouse but the fruit car on the train remains empty.

The idea I had was to make a loop between several cities. Lets say 5 cities. City 1 and city 4 are close to fruit farms. All cities have storehouses and are connected via 1 rail network. A route is set to carry the excess fruit from City 1 storehouse to city 2. Any excess delivered goes into the city 2 storehouse. Another train from city 2 picks up any excess fruit from the storehouse and delivers it to city 3. And so on. I could then add eggs to this from say city 2 and meat from cities 4 and 5. Eventually all cities should be receiving all types of goods.
However with this bug the storehouses do not work so I have to set up a route from the farm to each city with is very inefficient.

I do realise this is over explained but too much information is better than not enough.

*Edit*
After testing some different things out it seems the issue is specifically with trains and ships picking up goods from a storehouse. Unfortunately it is not very efficient for horses to be used for goods distribution. I end up with traffic jams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:41 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I guess this is just another tycoon style game destined for the bin.
I don't get why so many companies release these games with bugs and issues and never fix them. It seems its every tycoon style game I have liked has issues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I doubt you'll still be around or playing for that matter, but anyhow I get around this issue by laying out train cars like the image below. This is using a route between 2 cities with a storehouse at either end.

Well, I hope this helps others who've avoided storehouse distribution centers via trains, you can now have a more fluid rail system.

Attachments:
File comment: Example Train Layout to avoid storehouse bugs.
TrainLayoutExample.png
TrainLayoutExample.png [ 355.86 KiB | Viewed 4352 times ]