Locomotive list

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Locomotive list

Post by Born Acorn »

Maffei "Der Münchner"
Crampton 80
Crampton "Die Pfalz"
Reßler 1B
K.Bay.Sts.B. Kufstein
NER Class 1001
DB 53-70
DB 53-80
DB 98-3 Glaskastl
K.Bay.Sts.B. S 3/6
Beyer Garratt
Gölsdorf 310
BBÖ 1189 Krokodil
FS E 626
DB BR 64
DB E 91
LNER 4472
DB E 69
DB E 44
RENFE 2-8-2 Garrafeta
SBB RAe 2/4 Roter Pfeil
LNER Mallard 4468
DB E 94
DB V 80
DB V 200
DB VT 97.9 Ferkeltaxi
NOHAB CFL 1604
NOHAB CFL 3600
MTAB Dm3
DB 103
DB 232 Ludmilla
ÖBB 1044
RENFE 319.2
ÖBB 1163
ÖBB 1016 Taurus

FS Etr 302 Settebello
DB VT 11.5 TEE
ÖBB 4010 Transalpin
SNCF TGV
DB 411 ICE (with reservation for licensing rights!)
DB 445

beyer garratt?

they are used on the miniature railway, the Welsh Highland Railway!
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I wonder why only german :roll:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

hehe yeah me too :P

I guess GERMAN TRANSPORT GIANT didn't sound as good -_-
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Well, better then all american (RRT2)
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

RRT2 didn't have all american, the thalys was in it, and the maglev, and various other trains...
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
103er-Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 103er-Fan »

Well, this list is just for the european locos, all the american locos are missing there.

In addition to that, there are many non-german locos:
NER Class 1001
Gölsdorf 310
BBÖ 1189 Krokodil
FS E 626
RENFE 2-8-2 Garrafeta
SBB RAe 2/4 Roter Pfeil
LNER Mallard 4468
FS Etr 302 Settebello
SNCF TGV

Just to name a few. JoWood can't include locos from every european country, that would be just too much IMHO. And since the Industry Giant series sold very well in germany, austria and switzerland, it is just logical that they are mainly including locos from these countries in the game.

Anyways, when I heard that right, JoWood might include a tool to import new locos to the game, so I think when it won't be extremely difficult to use, there will be more from other countries soon after release.
KWI2288
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KWI2288 »

103er-Fan wrote:Well, this list is just for the european locos, all the american locos are missing there.

In addition to that, there are many non-german locos:
NER Class 1001
Gölsdorf 310
BBÖ 1189 Krokodil
FS E 626
RENFE 2-8-2 Garrafeta
SBB RAe 2/4 Roter Pfeil
LNER Mallard 4468
FS Etr 302 Settebello
SNCF TGV

Just to name a few. JoWood can't include locos from every european country, that would be just too much IMHO. And since the Industry Giant series sold very well in germany, austria and switzerland, it is just logical that they are mainly including locos from these countries in the game.

Anyways, when I heard that right, JoWood might include a tool to import new locos to the game, so I think when it won't be extremely difficult to use, there will be more from other countries soon after release.
sure, 9 of 41 are non german, they could have dropped a few german trains to add some trains from other countries....
Not in all european countries this game will sell good, so they can take a look at the countries where the game selles the best, and add some trains from that countries. And I'm sure they know in which countries this will sell well, it wont differ much from the other games, like IG, TransportG, IG2...

This is fun for the german players, but i'm a little bit dissapointed by this...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

do not forget there will be European and American style ... how bad it will look playing American style with only european locos :!: :roll: :? :(
KWI2288
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KWI2288 »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:do not forget there will be European and American style ... how bad it will look playing American style with only european locos :!: :roll: :? :(
This list was posted on the TG forum and it said this was the list of european locs so there will be usa locs...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

ok then ... however IMHO it's still too many German locos
103er-Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 103er-Fan »

@KWI2288
I just put some of the non-german locos there, if you look at the list, you can find more, I think I counted around 20 non-german locos there.

@Shadow
As far as I understood, you can play the game in two different scenarios (like temperate, arctic, toyland, desert in TTD): America and Europe
In the America scenario you have an american styled world and you have only US locos available (don't know about other vehicles)

The opposite with europe: The world is european themed, and you have only locos from european countries.

I heard somewhere, that there seem to be ~20 US locos, but I am not sure about that, since I think it wasn't official. Also we mustn't forget that each scenario might get it's own waggons and carriages. Also passenger waggons don't look all the same, there will be different versions of them (like Michael did in his awesome DB set).

I think just depending on the graphics and the number of vehicles this game will be one of the best transportation games ever, but I hate that they are only doing 90° curves, I doubt you can build an effective and good looking rail network with that, it seems to be more useful for point-to-point connections :x
KWI2288
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KWI2288 »

yes, but still, 20 german and 20 from other countries (mostly german speaking countries) is still pretty much. I like german trains, they look a little like some dutch trains, but i think that people would like the game more if there ere some (even if there is one) locs from their own country...
But I hope they will add them in an add-on (of their will be one) or that some modders are available to make trains themself like TTD.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

there are two or three LNER locos, one is NER but I dont know
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:I wonder why only german :roll:
Er, ÖBB and SBB locos are from Austria and Switzerland :roll:
The LNER locos are from Great Britain.
The MTAB loco is Swedish.
The RENFE locos are Spanish.
The NOHAB locos are Swedish-built EMD locos.
The SNCF TGV is French.
The BBÖ loco is probably German.
The Beyer Garrat is probably German.
The K.Bay locos are ?
The FS locos are ?
The NER loco is ?
So approx. 20 locos in that list is German. :roll: :roll:
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

so be it ... but still most of engines come from German .... is it in real life the same ?
Georg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Georg »

G-Klav wrote:The NOHAB locos are Swedish-built EMD locos.
The factory is - well, has been - in sweden indeed. But the TG-locos are listed as "CFL"-locos, so they're swedish-built locos from Luxembourg.

G-Klav wrote:The BBÖ loco is probably German.
Nope, it's from austria.

G-Klav wrote:The Beyer Garrat is probably German.
Garrat is a certain type of steam locomotive, which was used especially in Africa and Australia, but not in Germany. A complete list of the Garrats built by the Beyer (or Beyer-Peacock) factory can be found here.
G-Klav wrote:The K.Bay locos are ?
German, "K.Bay" being the "Königlich bayerische Staatsbahn".

G-Klav wrote:The FS locos are ?
FS is Ferrovie dello Stato and therefore Italian.

G-Klav wrote:The NER loco is ?
...from the UK.

In general, I wonder why this selection of locos causes such attention. JoWood, being from Austria, has indeed included more austrian and german locos in the game. But so what? TTD had, apart from the TGV, only british locos in pre-patch times.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The worlds first Beyer Garrat will be located here in the future

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ml/whr/
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Georg wrote:
G-Klav wrote:The Beyer Garrat is probably German.
Garrat is a certain type of steam locomotive, which was used especially in Africa and Australia, but not in Germany. A complete list of the Garrats built by the Beyer (or Beyer-Peacock) factory can be found here.

the welsh Highland Railway now owns the worlds first Garrat loco, as in the list K1 click on my sig for info

Garrats were built in the UK originally and then exported to Africa, narrow guage railways were used in the logging industry, the company went bust and the WHR bought it for a large sum but the boiler was condenmed and it loco now lies in the Boston lodge works, near Porthmadg, in Wales

Return to “Transport Giant”