Tips on how to play

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
Amtrak buff
Engineer
Engineer

Tips on how to play

Post by Amtrak buff »

Hi everyone!
I thought, since there appears to be a lot of questions as to how to play transport giant, Thought I would give a few tips!

1. DON'T OVER SUPPLY THE MARKET! The first and most notable thing about this game, in addition to its graphics, is its strict interpretation of "supply and demand", which also apples to passengers as well as cargo. For example, If I'm playing a us scenario and i see that say 1400 passengers are in demand per month in both Boston and new york, I can build a railroad line between the two city's and make a decent profit! However, I must be careful as to how many trains are run and how many passengers are carried. This is due to the fact, that if I exceed the demanded passengers, the price I'm paid per passenger drops off sharply! The further I exceed demand, the lower the price I get for the passenger or any other item being shipped per month!

2. BE VERY WEARY OF STATION ADD-ONS! Transport giant has a system of add-ons for each of the available stations, airports ECT. Some things are necessary like the maintenance center. The rest are tempting, but be careful! If I open a restraint say in my Boston station, which only gets a train ever so often, It will actually begin to lose money over all! the reason for this is the fact that the add on business require a steady flow of traffic to stay profitable! So, If I were to, instead, open a restaurant in my New York train station, were all of my trains run out of, The restaurant would be very profitable! This would also, be a good place to open a higher risk add on businesses such as a hotel, as the traffic is high enough to keep it profitable!

3. BE EFFICIENT! If you find that all of your trains are running out of one city, make that your maintenance station. This will reduce your maintenance costs, as you only have to pay to keep the one add-on maintenance facility running, regardless of how many trains you maintenance in the same place. Also remember , You have to pay upkeep for each of the stations airports ECT that you Build. There for, try to keep the number of stations in one city to the absolute minimal! Plain ahead and add as many tracks as possible to a station as possible!

Return to “Transport Giant”