Is it possible to run more than one train per track?

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Is it possible to run more than one train per track?

Post by anaconda »

I installed this last night and I was surprised how well it was made. Until I got to the trains that is. Now I'm just frustrated by the lack of intelligence in either me or in the signal system.

By forcing signals in front of the station, I find it impossible to have two lines merging into one. I've read the manual about the block signals, but I find it impossible to have less than one track in station per train on the line.

Anyone got a network working here? Is ro-ro possible btw? The waypont system seems to only choose track in switches.
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yes.
[edit] OOPs, I'am just drinking my coffee, and I guess I realy need it too. :shock: :P :lol: [/edit]
Attachments
SCR2.png
(347.93 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
Last edited by Rob on 17 May 2007 11:47, edited 2 times in total.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

/me points out to Rob what section this thread is in... :lol:
knedle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by knedle »

So I will reply - yes, it is possible, I will post some screenshots later. :P
And there are pics.
Attachments
The easiest way to have many trains on one track and make sure that they will not slow down is to create closed track, like the ones you make with model trains.
The easiest way to have many trains on one track and make sure that they will not slow down is to create closed track, like the ones you make with model trains.
t2.jpg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
In Transport Giant it is possible to have almost infinite number of trains on one track, however they will slow down to half of their speed if they encounter each other.
In Transport Giant it is possible to have almost infinite number of trains on one track, however they will slow down to half of their speed if they encounter each other.
t1.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 732 times
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

Ok, so making circles is working, but does merging two tracks into one in front of a station work?
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
haakon99
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by haakon99 »

Just turn off signals. This game is NOT playable with signals. Looping only works with simple networks. In a serious game you will run out of land to build the loops. Signalling system is unusable, and has been reported so countless times.

But of course someone will insist looping is an option.

Not me though. No fun. No large networks.

Håkon
knedle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by knedle »

Yeah, looping isn't as good as in OpenTTD, or TTDPatch, my fault I didn't mention other posibilities.

Return to “Transport Giant”