Traffic Giant better than Transport Giant

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Traffic Giant better than Transport Giant

Post by TheGrew »

Hi
I downloaded the transport giant demo and forght it was rubbish I then downloaded traffic giant demo and cant stop playing it.
PS is there a way of stoping the time limit.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

No, it's hacking
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
jdan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jdan »

Traffic Giant is fun for a little while... Not enough variation though, and it seems like people have some kind of sick obsession with public transportation.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

if pong were released today as a front up game commercially available on the shelves. It would still be better than Transport Giant. Traffic giant was Jowoods best
Horse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Horse »

The passenger system of traffic giant was brillant, i do not understand why jowood die not used it in transport Giant.
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Yep old thread. Whatever...
Horse wrote:The passenger system of traffic giant was brillant, i do not understand why jowood die not used it in transport Giant.
But yeah I think it's totally brillant. Transport Giant from the look of it from the screenshots seems like Locomotion just with beter graphics.

All they need for Traffic Giant is a few model makers for third party addons.
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Its like Locomotion with better graphics and no elevation whatsoever.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I stopped playing it after a while, there is not much variation in the game, after a while you have seen it all. What i do like is the way you can run trucks and the different roads that are available. In regard to the railsystem: Its way too simple and looks like nothing, the switches are rubbish there is only a simple bridge the stations are not much either.

And the game has no elevation what so ever! That is really sad (and even a dutchman from a flat country would like to see hills and mountains)
GameR
Director
Director

Post by GameR »

Caelan wrote:I stopped playing it after a while, there is not much variation in the game, after a while you have seen it all. What i do like is the way you can run trucks and the different roads that are available. In regard to the railsystem: Its way too simple and looks like nothing, the switches are rubbish there is only a simple bridge the stations are not much either.

And the game has no elevation what so ever! That is really sad (and even a dutchman from a flat country would like to see hills and mountains)
i'm realy agreaing WITH!!!!! that... or land is much TOO flatt
add me ass friend! i'm so lonely!
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

On a different note I just bought the Aussie expansion it makes the game far better and was deffinatly worth the 4 pounds I paid for it (including P&P)
phantom25
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by phantom25 »

Breeze646 wrote:Yep old thread. Whatever...
Horse wrote:The passenger system of traffic giant was brillant, i do not understand why jowood die not used it in transport Giant.
But yeah I think it's totally brillant. Transport Giant from the look of it from the screenshots seems like Locomotion just with beter graphics.

All they need for Traffic Giant is a few model makers for third party addons.
This is now an very old thread. Still, some think that Traffic Giant has still better spirit that Transport Giant, althorough Transport Giant has even better looking graphics. Since there is no studio Ebensee anymore, probably neither Transport Giant not Traffic Giant will have any sequels. What a shame...

Anyway, I plan to make an opensource clone, or a crossbread of those two for some time. Maybe, one day, I even will ;)

Traffic Giant was always bad suported and has been looking like it was just put out in order to collect money fast. Transport Giant has better support, primarly since some volonteers make new graphics. The Traffic Giant format of game content varies slightly, and is not fully understandable as of yet, althorough I might have today have goten the crucial clue (source code of one game extractor that works for Traffic Giant and explaines the second type of encrypted stream I did not understand as yet...).
That is still not all ...
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Traffic Giant better than Transport Giant

Post by athanasios »

Don't waste your time, contribute to OpenTTD instead.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
phantom25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phantom25 »

OpenTTD has toooo small graphics with to less details in comparison to Traffic Giant, which makes it visually a less attractive.

Except, if OpenTTD got more detailed and bigger graphic, then it would be nice to contribute.
That is still not all ...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

phantom25 wrote:OpenTTD has toooo small graphics with to less details in comparison to Traffic Giant, which makes it visually a less attractive.

Except, if OpenTTD got more detailed and bigger graphic, then it would be nice to contribute.
Did you even follow what they're currently developing for OpenTTD? Check it's forums mate! ;)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

With the same argument one could say "contribute to simutrans 128x128 or 192x192". Well I think the right thing to do is to contribute to an existing game.

The engine of TG was not that great (no hills, no large zoom out, problems on vista) and the menu structure I found even harder to work with than TTD. But both OpenTTD and simutrans have on the game engine in several parts long passed TG; thus the effective way is to contribute there. (And in principle both are fully custumizable; an own graphic set should be possible on both. Considering how many are available (like 8Bit replacement set or for simutrans http://simutrans.sourceforge.net/ufcs.htm.)
I like to look at great maps and see how things flow. A little like a finished model railway, but it is evolving and actually never finished. http://www.simutrans.com
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I tried to play this again, but it bored me after five minutes every time i tried it.
Last known as: Weirdy
gpsoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gpsoft »

Hi. I know this is an old topic. But would be any interested to play Traffic Giant if it will be fixed and expanded?

Return to “Transport Giant”