Simutrans 0.82.3exp released

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Simutrans 0.82.3exp released

Post by Hajo »

Hi,

the 0.82.3exp seems to be stable enough for a public release:

http://www.simutrans.de/en/download.html

This are the release notes for Simutrans version 0.82.3exp
==========================================================

Changes since the release of 0.81.33exp:
----------------------------------------

The most notably changes include a new depot window and support for up to 40 translations to different languages. Many new languages have been added (see log below for details).

A very nice feature is the support for compressed save games, this reduces the average save game size drastically.

Quite a lot of bugfixes went into passenger generation code and payment calculation. I hope most of the related problems are fixed now.

Another important bugfix was made for the AI code: the old code could cause a program crash in certain circumstances (see log below for details).

The text buffer of the vehicle infor window was doubled in size, this should be enough to display full details even for the largest trains.

Trees can now be minimzed by pressing the " key (Shift-2 on german keyboard).

The average distance between industries has been risen by 40%, also the default industry density has been lowered. I hope this will create more interesting map layouts.

An emergency button to remove a vehicle has been added to the vehicle info window. It's labeled 'X'. If you press it, the vehicle is removed from the map. This was included to remove vehicles that cannot be send to a depot anymore or have been stuck due to various reasons. Use with care, and only in emergency cases.

Also, there have been preparation for future improvements, like 7 shades of player color, main display zooming, more flexible pathfinding for vehicles, but none of them are completely done yet. 7 shades of player colors are now supported by the graphics engine, but there are no images that use this feature yet. Similarily, zooming will be most
valuable with the 128x128 image set, which isn't finished yet. The new pathfinding is the most incomplete of the three, while the others basically do work, the new pathfinding just reached 20% completion up to now.

Chronological list of changes since the release of 0.81.33exp
-------------------------------------------------------------

13-Jul-03 FIX: fixed a bug in AI code that could crash the game if the AI was searching for suitable places to build a station near the map border

CHANGE: private cars speed risen to 60 km/h

12-Jul-03 CHANGE: enlarged text buffer for convoi info window rom 8k to 16k

CHANGE: lowered passenger generation at tourist attractions by 20%

CHANGE: included Tomas Kubes' sawmill in 64x64 image set

NEW: added emergency button to vehicle info window - it removes the vehicle from the map. This is useful to get rid of stuck vehicles. Be careful: the removed vehicle is gone forever! The button is labeled "X".

NEW: AI will now remove vehicles if they have no suitable route (anymore) - i.e. due to a bug or player sabotage.

09-Jul-03 FIX: tourist attractions are valid passenger destinations again - formerly this information was lost after loading a saved game

FIX: fixed bug in tourist attraction buildings own tourist generation code ... sometimes they produced insane amounts of tourists, followed by periods of no production at all. Generation rate is now set to 82 passengers per minute for perfect destination coverage (I never reached more than 30% coverage so far).

07-Jul-03 FIX: fixed a bug in payment calculation while waiting for a given loading level (i.e. wait for 100%).

CHANGE: during my tests it seems that maintenance costs are much too low. Thus I've doubled all maintenance costs.
-> this is also an incentive to use ships. Unlike rails and roads, water doesn't need maintenance :)

NOTE: due to the changed payment calculation (intruduced in 0.82.0exp), passenger transport gives higher revenues now. Maybe further adaptions must be made, but the new calculation scheme is correct, while the old scheme was wrong.

06-Jul-03 FIX: compressed savegames work reliably now. (See simuconf.tab for details)

CHANGE: changed income calculation: now on every stop income is calculated for all transported goods, based on the distance since the last stop.

Before, it happened that goods that stayed in the vehicle for several stops, only payed the last hop, insteasd of the full distance.

CHANGE: lowered (to 25%) amount of passengers generated at tourist attractions. Now up to 42 passengers are generated per minute (less if the player has not 100% destination coverage).

Included new or updated language files:
nl.tab - Martyn Minnis <MartynMinnis@Hotmail.com>
cz.tab - Kamil "FastIkarus" Ondrák <fastikarus@centrum.cz>
fi.tab - Antti Louko <alou@mbnet.fi>
pl.tab - Piotr Pietrzak <pyotr@wp.pl>
sk.tab - Ján Krnác <Krnac@UZIS.Sk>
sv.tab - Julius Grantén <ge_klav@hotmail.com>
pt.tab - Eric C. Olivera <ecostaoli@yahoo.com.br>

28-Jun-03 Changes by Volker:

CHANGE: new path structure - subfolders font, palette, save and screenshot are now used. Starting the new game will create them automatically and move the files there. Be careful: an old version will not find them afterwards.

NEW: More work on new depot dialog (resizeable etc.)

NEW: Speedbar for vehicles

CHANGE: removed old code - this can only read games saved with the prev. version.

NEW: Savegames are now zippped by default - loading autodetcts the savegame type.
(Hajo: doesn't work on my system. Default seems to be set to binary, not zipped. Forcing zipped mode causes a crash).

CHANGE: Trees are displayed small in hide-buildings-mode

NEW: When using commandline "-load <savegame>" the extension needs no longer be supplied.

??? CHANGE: industry distribution now generates larger average distances between industries

21-Jun-03 CHANGE: continued work on new vehicles and pathfinding

20-Jun-03 CHANGE: continued work on new vehicles and pathfinding

19-Jun-03 CHANGE: continued work on new vehicles and pathfinding

18-Jun-03 CHANGE: continued work on new vehicles and pathfinding

17-Jun-03 NEW: started to work on a new vehicle class that implements a different, more flexible pathfinding method

14-Jun-03 FIX: fixed a bug in player color tables (green color set got wrong values due to some wrong index calculations)
FIX: fixed ground water level calculation in zoom modes with a raster width of less than 64
FIX: bridges can now be built on electrified track
CHANGE: included Volkers changes (lots ... most notably the new depot window)

09-Jun-03 CHANGE: support for unzoomeable images (icons ...) adapted MakeObj, display routines and dat files
-> if image names in .dat files are prefixed with
"> " they will not get zoomed in the game
-> IMPORTANT NOTE: this changes makes all previous
PAK files incompatible!!!

07-Jun-03 FIX: player color table initialisation wasn't executed after starting a new game. Table now gets initialised always.

29-May-03 CHANGE: enhanced MakeObj and Simutrans to use 7 shades of player colors (instead of 4). Also there are now 9 reserved player colors that can be used for future expansions
-> This change introduces a slight incompatibility with old saved games. The player color settings will most likely become reset to color set 0 if loading an old game, some times a random other set can be chosen. This means you'll most likel have to choose your preferred color set again.

written by Hj. Malthaner, July 2003
Stylesjl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Stylesjl »

Good Work Hajo!!! :D

(just a OT tip: you should use a larger variety of smilies :cool: :wink: )

Edit: Unfortunately the program won't execute i'll email you :wink:
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Stylesjl wrote:(just a OT tip: you should use a larger variety of smilies :cool: :wink: )
I'd rather he didn't. I'd rather you didn't too. Maybe I'll just completely disable smilies....

Return to “Simutrans”