Simutrans got planes!!!

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Simutrans got planes!!!

Post by Breeze646 »

I just downloaded the most recent verson and they have planes!!!

Also they got Monorails.
Maglevs in the 64 verson.

Monorails can go above the buildings so basicly they are more like a Elevated Rail System so there's no need for a Subway now!!!

Also you can build Highways too. Divided.

You can build Canals too.

Simutrans is starting to be beter then Loco. Just a few graphic improvements and voila. It's beter.

Also Simutrans now has Traffic Lights too!!!
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

We have articulated Tram too, and an articulated bus, if you like.

Thanks for your enthusiams!
Attachments
ROAD.zip
Articulated bus ...
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 769 times
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Is it also true for the 128 version?
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

Planes are there since 88.00 and PBS since 88.10.5 or so. Trams and Monorails/Maglev are older though. This aqplies for all sets.
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if the movement issues have been corrected as well - haven't played Simutrans for ages though I never argued that it's a great game.
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

The current discussion is more found in forum.simutrans.com.

The moving algorithm is rather the same as in TT, but the rails show curves, so the optical alignment is worse. (Although there is also a set of straight diagonals rails instead of curves). This more noticeable in the 128 set, but not easy to change without introducing lot of new images.

Since 75% graphics are handdrawn, such extra view would be a lot of work for eyecandy, this was the result of the discussion. Well, lets see if the new engine for OTTD will have more views ... Their graphics are also looking quite nice.
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Well, thanks a lot for the reply. Surely I'll give a try - the new monorails and planes are surely worth it!
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

In the 128 verson there is just the monorail and airplanes but in the 64 verson they have maglevs and monorails and airplanes.

I sure think it's great now. I always liked it though.

Downloader 8!!!
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

The new usage of the PBS system could make it easier for a TTDPlayer to use Simutrans. Need to test Simutrans again ... great work prissi! So when do we get Multplayer? :wink:
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

I would like some Multiplayer system!!!

But untill then I'm playing with my friends by using the Player Changer Feature. Since I know the most about it. I'm the "Human". No one is Public Service but the Public Service has sort of gone Bankrupt though...

prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

Well, the problem with multiplayer is the currently not fixed frame rate and my complete lack of network programming ability. Also, I am too lazy to get to the point of rewriting the simwerkz.cc for the use with a network. Furthermore some dialoges need also a network enabling.

Two persons have been working on the network, although I never heard something from them lately (or rather in the last four months). I would be open to anybody to give it a try ...
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Okay well I signed up on your forum for Simutrans. Well really I've been signed up for a long time but I just didn't do anything. I added my avatar from this account to it so you should be able to reconize it.

Return to “Simutrans”