Westcountry Map

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
duke derek
Engineer
Engineer

Westcountry Map

Post by duke derek »

i see not many people read here for simutrans stuff but i thought you guys over at TTD forums might be interested in the Westcountry map i made (heightmap and then save with the cities placed (no industries)) whilst it is inspired by the map Westcountry 90210 from TTDX it isnt exactly the same, it is larger and more detailed but also is slightly wider (reaches as far west as Oxford) and slightly shorter (not so much of wales is included (oh well :lol: )

anyway, i include the heightmap and also the save for anyone that fancies playing simutrans on a vaguely familiar map. ideally i would have placed industries in positions as close to the original as possible however due to the way simutrans handles industries this is impossible so i suggest using the public service player to place as many industries in places you wish to have them and do it that way (or wait until industry chains appear in cities due to city growth)
Attachments
westcountry.zip
unzip files into simutrans\save folder
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 488 times
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

as i'm at school can you tell me if it includes Chippenham? :?
Last known as: Weirdy
duke derek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by duke derek »

i cant remember, i think it does though. most moderately sized towns in the westcountry are present

also i tried to also include most towns from the original map, although some either didnt fit (Aberaeron) or i couldnt really understand why they were present over larger neighbours.

there is something of an error and that is that the relative city sizes (which are only approximate anyway) are based on approximate relative sizes today rather than in 1930. as is understandable i could not find detailed information on town sizes in 1930

Return to “Simutrans”