Simutrans goes TTD

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

will the new tram feature gfx get converted.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

In simutrans trams are normal trains, that can go on the strees. Thus, this will be not done.

The only thing still missing are the monorails from TTD. However, Simutrans Monorails/Maglev can have elevated lines on top of buildings and such. Therefore, I have to draw an elevated track before I can convert it.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Will there be (articulated) trams like in TTD? That would be really awesome!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Simutrans has had articulated RVs for ages, unless my memory just went really horribly wrong.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

In Simutrans you can articulate any vehicle up to four units, if the vehicle in question allows this. Trams are internally handled as trains, thus there are articulated trams. However, this release is horribly old, the new versions supports PBS for all signals, choosing of rails platforms on the rail entry, and shorter/long vehicles. Probably I will compile a current 89.03 also for SimuTTD.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I ment if trams can be treated as articulated road vehicles, making them move in both directions on a road. Just as in TTDPatch
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

The latest version supports overheadwires on roads. Using such overheadwires, you could have trams a "electric" road vehicles (with maximum four cars) which are limited to the electrified roads. And the overheadwire is a front and backside graphic, so you can draw also rails additionally. However, the Trams in Simutrans have priority over cars, i.e. cars have to wait, if a tram in in front but not the other way round.

But so far nobody in the forum.simutrans.com came to that comclusion, although a "dummy tram" exisits.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

So there are no graphics for rails, no trams drawn yet but it is possible! That sounds like an oppertunity. I hope to see those trams in Simutrans soon!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Are there two types of electrified roads (for trams and trolleybuses)? This topic isn't so clear.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

No, you can have different cateneries, like third rail etc. Each catenary has in its file an allowance for a way type. I will attach a catenary for road and an electric bus example in some minutes in the other thread.
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

prissi wrote:No, you can have different cateneries, like third rail etc. Each catenary has in its file an allowance for a way type. I will attach a catenary for road and an electric bus example in some minutes in the other thread.
Just like what Timothy has made for Pak128. I only wish someone would made more trolley buses...
DanMacK wrote:Wow! Looks awesome man!

If you want to use any of my graphics
That would include the Canadian set right? Well I was just thinking about requesting some GO Trains for Simutrans. (But for the normal Simutrans)

I notice your from Ontario. Are you by any chance from Toronto?
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Perhaps you can use the dutch trainset in simutrans as well? Although it is not coded yet all the vehicles are available. I think you should ask permission to use them from the artists, but it might just be interesting to see them in simutrans as well...
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Simutrans goes TTD

Post by ostlandr »

I remember seeing trolley buses in Toronto, Ontario, Canada when I was a boy back in the 1980s. Hmm. . . seems to me the diesel Toronto buses were hybrids waaay back then- they used a compressed air motor to provide regenerative braking for start-and-stop.
Who is John Galt?
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

If you pull this off, I am so getting this version :D
Metruck1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metruck1 »

Looks AWSOME,
BUT doesent it start LOOKING too much like OTTD, even if it has more features?
Thats just my opinion.

Metruck1

EDIT: Now that I look at it, I kind of want it!

Return to “Simutrans”