Credit (Load): is a missing feature

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Credit (Load): is a missing feature

Post by vinaximus »

In, a game, that is so well done, and interesting, it was dissappointing to see that we could not borrow money (only the cash goes negative, and then you have 3 mnths to pay).
At early stages of game, huge investments have to be made. Even building cautiously, (using small trains stations, or using trains for serviciing multiple commodities, and stations serving multiple commoditites and trains etc.), quickly ends up your money.
I built a highly profitable train network, and then went for a two hour walk, to get some extra money, to invest.
I request the developers, to pleeeaaaaase, add the loan feature, which would make the game, even more better.
A load could be at the rate of 10% per annum or more.
Big thanks to Hansjörg Malthaner and all the developers, for such a wonderful game. Also thanks to the developers of those wonderful 128X128 bit graphics.
Good day building rails
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

Until a loan feature is implemnted there are two solutions:

- raise starting money in simuconf.tab (It's a text file. It's ok to edit that file, it's there so that every player can chosse his bets liked settings).

- use the "-freeplay" command line switch to turn off bankrupticy check. (See readme.txt for details).
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

i cant get this to work!!
please help!!!
Last known as: Weirdy
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

What exactly is the problem? Editing simuconf.tab and rasing the starting money should be a sure thing.

The -freeplay switch might be tricky insofar that things still cost money, and at first you don't see a difference in Simutrans. But the bank will never complain, regardless how negative your balance is.

Some infos on the command line switches:
http://www.hajo.simutrans.com/pmwiki/pm ... Parameters
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

thanks hajo!!! :lol:
was trying to put it into simuconf.tab so i guess i misguessed!
what was wrong was that it still complained. its fixed now so it deosn't matter. thank again, YOU ROCK!! 8)
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “Simutrans”