Limit post frequency for newly registered users

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

odisseus
Director
Director

Limit post frequency for newly registered users

Post by odisseus »

In the last couple days, there have been spammers that created literally dozens of spam posts in a matter of minutes. This wouldn't have happened if the forum did impose a frequency limitation for new users.

I think something like 5 posts per hour for the first 2 weeks is a reasonable limitation. It would curb the volume of spam, and legitimate users would barely notice it.

At the very least, there should be a frequency limit for creating new topics.
Chrill

Re: Limit post frequency for newly registered users

Post by Chrill »

We have the tools necessary to remove in bulk. Even if someone spammed 200 posts in five minutes, as soon as any of us stumbled on it they'd be gone in a matter of minutes.

There's always a problem adding more third party features to the forums, more things that can break whenever an update needs to be applied etc.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Re: Limit post frequency for newly registered users

Post by kamnet »

Chrill wrote: 17 Oct 2020 17:02 We have the tools necessary to remove in bulk. Even if someone spammed 200 posts in five minutes, as soon as any of us stumbled on it they'd be gone in a matter of minutes.

There's always a problem adding more third party features to the forums, more things that can break whenever an update needs to be applied etc.
It's just annoying when none of us mods happen to be on, which is what happened for about 12 hours yesterday before I was able to come in and delete about 150 posts.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”