Adverts break layout on mobile.

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Adverts break layout on mobile.

Post by Redirect Left »

Some, not all, adverts at the top overlap onto the "mark forums read" button. Which makes it unpressable.

Here is one of the adverts: clicky - it seems to happen more often with thinner adverts, more large ones are more irritating, but at least they don't break the buttons, they seem to format correctly around that button instead of overlapping.

This is an up-to-date version of Chrome for Android 10, on a Huawei Honor 10 Lite phone.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Adverts break layout on mobile.

Post by Redirect Left »

For the record this still occurs. I've screen capped it on my device.
As you can see, advert is visible. The white circle around Mark forums read is where android was recognising my finger print (the show presses developer mode feature) however pressing here doesn't trigger that link. The small gap above it between advert and mark all read, if pressed, activates the advert despite the advert not being visible there.

Unlike the previously shown advert on first post, this doesn't overlap the mark read button, however still renders it unusable, with slight overflow to the current time line, and that gap that still triggers advert when not visible there, so maybe it is still using the size of the first advert in html, just not filling it with an advert that big, and still defining those lines as advert space. I
Attachments
Screenshot_20200830_014420_com.android.chrome.jpg
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I can see if there's any option in the advertising settings that might fix this. I think for mobile browsers it's meant to change to a suitably sized image - that certainly seems to be the case on my iPhone at least. :?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I cannot recreate this on my phone, OnePlus 6T running updated Chrome and the OxygenOS version 10.3.5. Ads adjust just fine.

Edit: but oh no they don't!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200831-150423.jpg
(822.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 31 Aug 2020 13:03 Edit: but oh no they don't!
Glad it isn't just me on my Android then. I use Android 10, on a Huawei Honor 10 Lite

I find most adverts occupy the space demonstrated by my first post and Chrills post. Even if the advert doesn't actually spread that far, clicking in that area will trigger the advert, despite you having that lovely green background there instead of advert.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Any chance of getting as free browsing through donations? They are a bit annoying. :bow:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I don't currently have a way of implementing that, but in theory it could be possible, and potentially not too difficult. I'll have a think about it and see what I can do when I have some time.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

I'd also appreciate the ability to donate Basic Attention Tokens, if that's something you'd like to sign up for.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 14 Sep 2020 22:38 I don't currently have a way of implementing that, but in theory it could be possible, and potentially not too difficult. I'll have a think about it and see what I can do when I have some time.
I wouldn't mind a monthly or yearly subscription, assuming the price is set at what benefits TT-Forums financially even compared to ads.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I can certainly look at both. :)

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”