Bug with new post indicators

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Bienxanh
Engineer
Engineer

Bug with new post indicators

Post by Bienxanh »

Hello. I got to the forum, saw that almost every forum had a new post on it. Went to General TT forum and then none of the topics were unread. I clicked on a topic and saw some posts at the end that weren't there the last time I looked.

Then, I closed IE, and came back to it later. Feedback and OT were unread, so I clicked on Feedback, and the same happens: no posts are marked as unread.

Please fix this bug.

kamnet

Re: Bug with new post indicators

Post by kamnet »

If you're using Internet Explorer (and not Microsoft Edge), it could very well be a bug that will not be fixed by the forum's software provider, phpBB, due to Internet Explorer being an outdated and unsupported platform.

I've not encountered this bug using the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi or Firefox.

kamnet

Re: Bug with new post indicators

Post by kamnet »

Bienxanh wrote:
29 May 2020 02:07
Hello. I got to the forum, saw that almost every forum had a new post on it. Went to General TT forum and then none of the topics were unread. I clicked on a topic and saw some posts at the end that weren't there the last time I looked.

Then, I closed IE, and came back to it later. Feedback and OT were unread, so I clicked on Feedback, and the same happens: no posts are marked as unread.

Please fix this bug.
I know what the issue is now. Sometimes when an admin moves a post from one forum to another, the "new post" indicator isn't reset. It's a known phpBB issue that has existed for years, unfortunately one we cannot fix ourselves.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”