Mahoosive ads

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mahoosive ads

Post by Nawdic »

Hi all,

Just noting of late I seem to be getting some large full-width ads appear at the top and bottom of the page, as per attached. Shouldnt there be a restriction of the size of such an advert at all? Some of them seem to be taking at least a 1/3rd of the viewing space, at least for me. Viewing on Chrome 76.0.3809.100 on Win 10.
mahoosive.png
(461.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Mahoosive ads

Post by Redirect Left »

I also receive these if i turn off adblock, and on the mobile version of the site, they basically take up your entire page and you scroll your finger to the bone.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The ads are now 'responsive', because the standard fixed-sized ads we used to have didn't work well on mobile devices since phpBB is now responsive. Unfortunately it seems that some of the desktop ads are occasionally a bit ridiculous (although they usually seem to give me standard banner-sized adverts). I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to adjust that, but I'll check.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: 27 Aug 2019 14:40 I also receive these if i turn off adblock, and on the mobile version of the site, they basically take up your entire page and you scroll your finger to the bone.
As long as you donate to the forums, then. The ads are there not for fun but for a purpose. :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 29 Aug 2019 09:01
Redirect Left wrote: 27 Aug 2019 14:40 I also receive these if i turn off adblock, and on the mobile version of the site, they basically take up your entire page and you scroll your finger to the bone.
As long as you donate to the forums, then. The ads are there not for fun but for a purpose. :wink:
I used to just leave adblock turned off on the forum for those juicy impressions cents, but lately i've turned it back on due to the ads getting both mahoosive and slightly more too much personalised.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”