New Off-Topic sub forum

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

New Off-Topic sub forum

Post by Translink »

My proposal is to create a sub forum off the "Off-Topic" sub-forum (much like the "Forum Games") titled,

Railwy Modelling

That,s about it, really.
Geo Ghost

Re: New Off-Topic sub forum

Post by Geo Ghost »

Moved to forum suggestions.

We do have a topic on model rail stuff, but generally I personally feel there isn't a big enough demand to warrant a sub-forum or section for model railing.
That's my first thoughts anyway :)

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=840
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

That thread often goes silent for months on end, and is used as catch all for things related to modelling. I really don't think there is enough interest to support an entire (sub) forum.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I would have to agree - I don't think there is enough demand for a sub-forum. If additional topics would be useful, then of course feel free to create them.
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

Thing is, just like in a book without chapters, in a topic with dozens of pages it is hard to find what exactly you are looking for.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Do you need to look for anything specific though? :P

If you're looking for something in particular, there's always the search function.
The majority will simply flick through the last page or two to see what's new. Not so much the whole topic.
To be fair, it's not a very big topic either with only 43 pages :)
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

Geo Ghost wrote:To be fair, it's not a very big topic either with only 43 pages :)
I suppose.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Translink wrote:Thing is, just like in a book without chapters, in a topic with dozens of pages it is hard to find what exactly you are looking for.
As I said though:
orudge wrote:If additional topics would be useful, then of course feel free to create them.
If we find the forum is then being overrun with popular model railway topics, then we could move them to a separate subforum. :)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Maybe a general modelling sub forum could work. There aren't many modelling topics though. I would allow talk about Lego in such a general modelling sub forum. However at the moment there isn't much need from a topic count point of view.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”