Spam report counter?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

kamnet

Spam report counter?

Post by kamnet »

Just for some silly bragging rights, any possibility of our profiles showing how many times we've reported a post for spam? :) Maybe some "karma"?
Chrill

Re: Spam report counter?

Post by Chrill »

There's no such system and Owen is generally not keen on implementing that type of feature. I can confirm, however, that your name often shows up. Then again, there is more spam than the spam you manage to see :P Since the forums started, over 8000 topics have been removed from the forums. That number increased most around 2013-2014 I think.. And it has begun again with the newest update to phpbb since the old spam filters we used (and the robobot spam account banning machine) broke.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I can possibly crunch some numbers in the database and work out some spam reporting stats, but there's no built in function for that. Your assistance is definitely appreciated though!

I have put in a new registration filter to try to help prevent spammers signing up, which should help, and I'm looking at putting in some more facilities to help moderators deal with spam that does turn up.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I report quite a few I see, but I am often on at silly times of the day when no one else is around to do so first.

It seems to have peaked and gone back down again now though (regarding spam being posted)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yeah I knew there was no built-in feature, didn't know if there was possibly an phpBB add-on (I haven't looked at phpBB scripts in several years now). Maybe Owen could hack one together and submit it, sell it for a buck each and retire early? :)

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”